FRK 109.2 MPH

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Not taking anything away from him, as he does shoot hard! However, I have my doubts that the number is legit, as AHL equipment is likely not as good as NHL equipment, maybe it's just me, I just find it hard to believe he broke the record!

We aren’t talking about a super expensive system they need to set up... it’s a radar gun with a display. If the AHL wanted the same set up, it wouldn’t cost much.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
We aren’t talking about a super expensive system they need to set up... it’s a radar gun with a display. If the AHL wanted the same set up, it wouldn’t cost much.

Yes, I understand that, I have a feeling it was reading high (radar guns can be off), as we have seen him shoot quite a few shots in his short career and none of them were anywhere near that level.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yes, I understand that, I have a feeling it was reading high (radar guns can be off), as we have seen him shoot quite a few shots in his short career and none of them were anywhere near that level.

Eh, it's not that far fetched. The hardest thrower of a baseball isn't even a baseball player if I remember right.

Frk has a monster shot. On this day, he killed it. Maybe tomorrow Weber is harder again. We're talking differences of 2% here.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Disagree. Frk had the hardest shot I've likely seen on a red wing when he gets it off. His issue was getting it off and getting open to use it enough. Theres a former AHL goalie who has faced Chara, Weber and Frk and hes saying Frks shot was the hardest so he believes its true

Reactions: Frk It

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Disagree. Frk had the hardest shot I've likely seen on a red wing when he gets it off. His issue was getting it off and getting open to use it enough. Theres a former AHL goalie who has faced Chara, Weber and Frk and hes saying Frks shot was the hardest so he believes its true
Frk has power, just no accuracy.

In the KHL hardest a while back was 177.58 km/hr which is about 110 miles/hr

(Second attempt in video)

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Although he never got to skate well enough to pan out as we hoped, I still think he was misused and under-utilised here. This year should have been the year to keep him, give him slightly more and see what he could do in that role, given the lack of competition. Hard to think he wouldn't have offered more than 3 or 4 on the roster this year, including guys we gave up assets for.

While the shot isn't the most accurate, it genuinely scares opponents, and with a 2nd PP with Frk on left half boards, Hronek at the blue line and Green running things at the right half boards, it would sure open up a lot of space for the guys down low. Would also give the option of a mostly right shooting PP unit.

Would also loved to have seen him get more than a couple of minutes a month with some vaguely skilled linemates - he wasn't Pulks, he could grind a bit and score dirty goals, and would at least have made this year more fun!

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Apparently the KHL is not a professional league.
North America is not desperately keen on acknowledging other competitions etc. Its why they love proclaiming people as world champions...I do find US nationalism very alien from a European perspective. Not better or worse than the nationalism on show anywhere else, just very different in tone. Often more positive, but more ubiquitous, and just as full of self deception and myth making as most other democracies.

Baseball is of course riddled with historical facts that it takes about 10 minutes to disprove as dishonest marketing schemes, but in the age where money is the surest route to power, the legends and allegories we create are rather different to that of the ancients.

Either way, I'm delighted for Frk. A very very likeable player who in a slower era of the game could have had a very nice NHL career.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00