FRK 109.2 MPH

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
Does anyone remember what pulkkinen shot when he went to the all star game?

Not to steal shine from frk because 109 speaks for itself. Just from personal experience though, I’ve seen shots live from a few of the leagues heavy hitters and a lot of frk himself even when he was with the walleye. The sound of pulkkinen striking the puck and it hitting the glass was totally different from any other shot I’ve ever heard.

Pulks shot and the time Kronwall hit Kucherov are two memories I have that the sound of the game have stood out, both scary.

I kinda miss frk with the big club. Always nice having someone one the squad with a cannon. Too bad that he never seemed to be able to adjust to the nhl being a half second quicker than the ahl.

Reactions: 14ari13

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
With 20G/30pts in 33gp I wonder if he'll ever get another NHL contract. His G/Gp is outstanding. Skating & Dplay may hold him back, but probably worth a 1yr/2-way contract to some GM. Hope he can make it back.

He is currently on an NHL contract. The Kings signed him to a 1-year 2-way deal this past summer. They called him up for 4 games a month ago and he scored 3 goals.

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
Are we going to get to a point where strength training/stick technology is too good? I wouldn’t want to block a 115MPH shot even as a goalie. Remember when Al broke Ozzie’s hand?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Does anyone remember what pulkkinen shot when he went to the all star game?

Not to steal shine from frk because 109 speaks for itself. Just from personal experience though, I’ve seen shots live from a few of the leagues heavy hitters and a lot of frk himself even when he was with the walleye. The sound of pulkkinen striking the puck and it hitting the glass was totally different from any other shot I’ve ever heard.

Pulks shot and the time Kronwall hit Kucherov are two memories I have that the sound of the game have stood out, both scary.

I kinda miss frk with the big club. Always nice having someone one the squad with a cannon. Too bad that he never seemed to be able to adjust to the nhl being a half second quicker than the ahl.
That unfortunately was the problem with Pulkkinen at the NHL level. The shot going well wide and hitting the glass instead of being on net.

Reactions: StNickFan

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Are we going to get to a point where strength training/stick technology is too good? I wouldn’t want to block a 115MPH shot even as a goalie. Remember when Al broke Ozzie’s hand?

We reached that point long ago.

It has led to a massive homogenization of the talent pool, and play styles and roster builds.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
We reached that point long ago.

It has led to a massive homogenization of the talent pool, and play styles and roster builds.

I wish hockey had gone the way of baseball and stopped all the carbon fiber and made wood the standard.

In addition to stopping technology creep on shot power for the pro game, the new sticks are insanely expensive and I think it hurts youth hockey costs/accessibility that everyone is trying to buy the latest and greatest.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not taking anything away from him, as he does shoot hard! However, I have my doubts that the number is legit, as AHL equipment is likely not as good as NHL equipment, maybe it's just me, I just find it hard to believe he broke the record!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad