Pre-Game Talk: Friend of the Pens, John Tortorella Comes to Town: Canucks @ Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Why? Just why?
Engelland made zero sense against the Flyers. We did not lure them into dressing Rosehill, so having him there was a complete waste. We have players that can fight if needed anyway so unless we don't have enough bodies on D, he has no reason to be there.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Its GENIUS... by playing Zolnierczyk and Engelland on the 4th line... we have found a way to promote Adams and Glass to the 3rd line... we are only a few scrubs from Malkin centering those two...

Sidney BrOSSby*

Locked in the Washer
Nov 28, 2007
Kampuchia
If they skate fast, and fit themselves in to a team concept, they can stay on the fourth line.

The third line, I expect puck control, right? What do you think

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I genuinely hate Tortorella, such an arrogant ******. The way he treats the media is disgusting...as head coach he's obligated to answer questions. He even yelled at Sam Rosen at one point last year. I live in NYC so i get Rangers games, Sam Rosen is the epitome of a class act.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I can already feel the love

:laugh:

You have to admit though, he's way more entertaining when griping about us than other coaches, or whiny *****es like Melynk or Leonsis.

I actually have no problem with the way he handled NY media (specifically Larry Brooks, who is a total ****head clown and deserves every ounce of abuse any coach dishes on him). There are a lot of reporters out there who are tactless pieces of **** and have no sense of timing about when it's appropriate to ask certain things or say certain things, who moreover, if they know they'll get a reaction out of someone will purposefully say something to set them off. Some of these guys are a half-step above Heraldo. So I don't give two ***** if Torts blew up in their face. Most likely they deserved it, most of the time.

That said Torts is an a-hole and everyone knows that too, but I don't have a problem with him harshing on some media people.

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
My boy and me will be rockin it out tomorrow at the CEC. Part of my B-Day gift, this otta be fun.

Take your silly pills and just roll with it everyone, you should be use to this stuff. Or...should I just open one of these around here and start passing them out?

article-1314740-0B538F09000005DC-711_468x514.jpg

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
:laugh:

You have to admit though, he's way more entertaining when griping about us than other coaches, or whiny *****es like Melynk or Leonsis.

Oh definately.

I do not mind people being dicks, if they can do it cleverly. He is one of the more clever and entertaining dicks in the NHL.

tumblr_m2jitzCp4n1rsaq0to1_r2_500.gif

Be a dick, but make em laugh.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
My boy and me will be rockin it out tomarrow at the CEC. Part of my B-Day gift, this otta be fun.

Take your silly pills and just roll with it everyone, you should be use to this stuff. Or...should I just open one of these around here and start passing them out?

article-1314740-0B538F09000005DC-711_468x514.jpg

the goal horn echoes for eternity...

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
WTH is that, laughing gas or something? Are you really going to try to sneak that in or did I misunderstand you? :laugh:

If so, your chances of being arrested and detained for a couple hours are about 98%. This is a post-9/11 world. Sense of humor no longer counts for anything. If it looks dangerous and you bring it into a crowd of people, expect arrest. ;)

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
the goal horn echoes for eternity...

This...I know.

WTH is that, laughing gas or something? Are you really going to try to sneak that in or did I misunderstand you? :laugh:

If so, your chances of being arrested and detained for a couple hours are about 98%. This is a post-9/11 world. Sense of humor no longer counts for anything. If it looks dangerous and you bring it into a crowd of people, expect arrest. ;)

That's meant for around here at HFB's Pittsburgh. I'm taking the see what happens this year approach and letting everything slide off the shoulders. This place is so wound up tight you could keep the time.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
That's meant for around here at HFB's Pittsburgh. I'm taking the see what happens this year approach and letting everything slide off the shoulders. This place is so wound up tight you could keep the time.

Haha. OK. I wasn't sure if you were saying that kit was your birthday present and you were thinking about taking it or... if the game was part of your birthday present and that we all needed the N2O treatment. Even my dark resources are not enough to sway homeland security from detaining you after bringing suspicious looking gas gun and gas viles into a sporting event. ;)

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
checking-in for fantasy hockey purposes...

Just wondering if Letang will play on Saturday? (thanks)

Wait, so you're not genuinely concerned about the well-being of our players? Why even announce that if you're coming in looking for information? Do you think Jason Bourne walks into the Czech embassy and says "Just here for spy purposes..." ? Epic fail -- especially for someone with the name Boris Le Tigre, I'd expect a much more couth operater than yourself.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Haha. OK. I wasn't sure if you were saying that kit was your birthday present and you were thinking about taking it or... if the game was part of your birthday present and that we all needed the N2O treatment. Even my dark resources are not enough to sway homeland security from detaining you after bringing suspicious looking gas gun and gas viles into a sporting event. ;)

Haha, then the Dark Lord needs to be more inventive. Ballons my man, balloons.

Birthday Balloons with stuff written on them attached to a sign. Their magic wands don't detected anything but metal.

Dark Lord gets a F for failure to be inventive.

Good thing I'm not doing this, though, but the mere thought of gasing the person near me complaining would have some comical value.:laugh:

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Wait, so you're not genuinely concerned about the well-being of our players? Why even announce that if you're coming in looking for information? Do you think Jason Bourne walks into the Czech embassy and says "Just here for spy purposes..." ? Epic fail -- especially for someone with the name Boris Le Tigre, I'd expect a much more couth operater than yourself.

:laugh: you would rather I lie and dupe y'all ... I am genuinely concerned for Letang insofar has his well-being has implications on the future of my beloved xl-7's....

I thought I was coming correct, won't happen again goodsirs, and ladies

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Why? Just why?
Engelland made zero sense against the Flyers. We did not lure them into dressing Rosehill, so having him there was a complete waste. We have players that can fight if needed anyway so unless we don't have enough bodies on D, he has no reason to be there.

Frankly, DJ is a man without a country on this club. He's miscast for the 4th line and not going to move up the depth chart with a coaching staff that hates his game.

If there was someone else to dress, maybe there's an issue with playing Engo at forward....but right now, there's not.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
:laugh: you would rather I lie and dupe y'all ... I am genuinely concerned for Letang insofar has his well-being has implications on the future of my beloved xl-7's....

I thought I was coming correct, won't happen again goodsirs, and ladies

We'll know about an hour before he plays in the game he plays. Penguins are like that with injury information.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah, honestly it isn't even so much that we're being ********.

It's just that this team is particularly asinine when it comes to injury information.

We'll have no idea until the day of, I figure.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Why? Just why?

Engelland played better as a 4th liner than Jeffrey did as a 3rd liner.

Is anyone going to argue that our bottom six didn't look better than it has in the last 2 years?

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Frankly, DJ is a man without a country on this club. He's miscast for the 4th line and not going to move up the depth chart with a coaching staff that hates his game.

If there was someone else to dress, maybe there's an issue with playing Engo at forward....but right now, there's not.

Where would you have him play exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad