Rumor: Friedman on Domi - "The Coyotes are prepared to give him a fresh start"

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Doan watched a Western Conference Finals team get slowly dismantled and never properly built up again. As a player who's career end was quickly approaching I found his reactions quite expected. It doesn't mean that if he was in a management role he would have the same views. I'm not advocating for Doan as a big decision maker either way, I'm just saying his frustration as he watched what the team became is completely understandable and made perfect sense given the context.
Great post and how an adult would view it. Doan wanted to win and wore his emotions on his sleeve. We need players with Doan's attitude and work ethic, not the poor me guys like Duclair. We need guys like Doan in the organization period. Not sure of his role, it can evolve.

Reactions: Jakey53

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
31 Thoughts: No shortage of Rick Nash suitors ahead of deadline - Sportsnet.ca

Max Domi scored his fourth of the year to open Arizona’s stunning 6–1 victory over Chicago on Monday night. It has been a hard year for the talented forward. The Coyotes are prepared to give him a fresh start, pending a fair offer. If it doesn’t come before the deadline, expect it at the draft. I do think Montreal will took a look, but I don’t know if that’s going anywhere.

drgregg

SLAP CHOP
Jun 7, 2012
as seen on TV
****, that's Friedman too. He's usually pretty informed. That said, it looks like regurgitated info mixed with his own speculation. Doubt it happens.
Friedman can be quite guilty of that. Sometimes he has great inside info and sometimes he just needs to round out his 30 thoughts so he speculates and guesses.
Since I don’t like the sound of this at all, I’m hoping that this is the latter.

Reactions: RABBIT

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Friedman can be quite guilty of that. Sometimes he has great inside info and sometimes he just needs to round out his 30 thoughts so he speculates and guesses.
Since I don’t like the sound of this at all, I’m hoping that this is the latter.

Me too, but Friedge seems pretty certain that it's going to happen, and that the only question is timing. I think if he was just speculating he'd have phrased it differently.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
yeah i just listened to Chayka's interview from the other day again and McKenzies podcast. I don't think Domi is going anywhere. Legitimately seems like blowing smoke

Has there ever been a player who has had his name mentioned as much as Domi and wasn't traded? I'm sure there are examples but I can't really think of one. Maybe Drouin but he eventually did get traded once he re-established his value.

Not talking about high profile players getting mentioned for clickbait.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
****, that's Friedman too. He's usually pretty informed. That said, it looks like regurgitated info mixed with his own speculation. Doubt it happens.
Not sure about Friedge...used to think of him in the Bobby Mac/Dreger category of reporters who were well-connected, but seems to have dropped into the Kypreos/Lawton group of reporters needing to make things up given they're not connected to the right people.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Wow. Domi and duke in one season would be a f***ing disaster unless we get some serious value .

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Last year at the TDL there were 3-4 sellers, this year it will be around 9-10. Buyers market! Smart of Chayka to sit this one out.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
"Prepared to give him a fresh start". You don't give something that wasn't asked for in these circumstances. Do the math.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I can’t remember where I saw it, but Friedman used the same language on Wennberg as he did Domi. Essentially, not really looking to move him, but if the return is there, he can be moved.

Maybe Domi for Wennberg and then move Strome for a winger? Or maybe for a D?

Perlini - Wennberg - Keller
(Strome return) - Stepan - Fischer
Crouse - Dvorak - Panik
Martinook - Richardson - Cousins

You could also base the Strome return on what we do in the draft. If we draft Dahlin, then move Strome for a winger. If we draft one of the forwards, slot him into the lineup and move Strome for a D.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Don't forget OEL as well.

The organization is making it really easy to not care about them on any level. Just a total disregard for any sort of plan to be competitive.
There are times when I wonder if the team isn't actually a just a long term experiment to see if you can lose every fan of a team .

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I can’t remember where I saw it, but Friedman used the same language on Wennberg as he did Domi. Essentially, not really looking to move him, but if the return is there, he can be moved.

Maybe Domi for Wennberg and then move Strome for a winger? Or maybe for a D?

Perlini - Wennberg - Keller
(Strome return) - Stepan - Fischer
Crouse - Dvorak - Panik
Martinook - Richardson - Cousins

You could also base the Strome return on what we do in the draft. If we draft Dahlin, then move Strome for a winger. If we draft one of the forwards, slot him into the lineup and move Strome for a D.
This works for me. I could live with this.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Wow. Domi and duke in one season would be a ****ing disaster unless we get some serious value .

Well, if we can get a comparable player (young promising prospect), it might be worth it. I'd rather he not be moved, but if we get a strong return, you gotta take it. I can't imagine Chayka would settle for something mediocre if he's moved.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Well, if we can get a comparable player (young promising prospect), it might be worth it. I'd rather he not be moved, but if we get a strong return, you gotta take it. I can't imagine Chayka would settle for something mediocre if he's moved.

Why did yet another young player ask for a fresh start?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The Coyotes haven't put out a press release saying they have a reputation of being a mickey mouse organization being a black hole of development that kills young players' careers, ... so in the absence of that one can only assume the young guys hate the weather and Scottsdale night life. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
The Coyotes haven't put out a press release saying they have a reputation of being a mickey mouse organization being a black hole of development that kills young players' careers, ... so in the absence of that one can only assume the young guys hate the weather and Scottsdale night life. It's the only thing that makes sense.
If we are going to be silly maybe the Canadians don't like the number of guns they see and the high speeds on the highways.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Also far more likely than the Coyotes ever botching yet another young players career ham-handedly. I've read all the Craig Morgan tidbits, so I think I'd know if they'd made a mistake other than moving on from Doan and that one guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad