Rumor: Friedman on Domi - "The Coyotes are prepared to give him a fresh start"

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Morgan is a mouth piece for the team. He's squashing rumors because they want them squashed, IMO.

This is a full blown handling of the issue. GM says he's not shopping him. Coach says he's getting better and is coachable. Player saying he loves it here and doesn't want out but knows he's got to be better and is working hard. That sews the thing up I think.

Compare this full blown addressing of the issue head on from all parties to the Duclair stuff. This isn't the same at all.

I think Friedman has it wrong and McKenzine has it right. I think that Garbo just makes garbage up because he's a garbage man.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nice to read Domi loves being a Coyote and wants to be here! Also nice to pretty much confirm what must of us already thought, Domi is not going to be traded.
This season is toast, kind of a lost year for this rebuild which is concerning, but I hope we stay the course and not trade a core piece or a high end prospect or pick. This has been the most frustrating year for me considering the talent we have.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Morgan is a mouth piece for the team. He's squashing rumors because they want them squashed, IMO.

This is a full blown handling of the issue. GM says he's not shopping him. Coach says he's getting better and is coachable. Player saying he loves it here and doesn't want out but knows he's got to be better and is working hard. That sews the thing up I think.

Compare this full blown addressing of the issue head on from all parties to the Duclair stuff. This isn't the same at all.

I think Friedman has it wrong and McKenzine has it right. I think that Garbo just makes garbage up because he's a garbage man.
We should just call Morgan the Fireman at this point.

I didn’t like some of the non Morgan commentary this week on the Natural Hatrick podcast and it reinforces to me that they aren’t as knowledgeable themselves about all matters AZ. For example I think they are very sour on Strome and I think they have locked into a mindset that involves him being a bust. This is where I remind everyone that Blake Wheeler was also a bust until 4 years after he was drafted. AZ was the laughingstock of the nhl for that selection for nearly a half decade. Let that sink in and have a look where that player is today. If they are parroting people from the organization than I would be afraid. I’m not saying he’s Gretzky or even Barzal but he’s going to play in the nhl for many years. Some of the other commentary like dealing a top 4 pick for Pacioretty and the fresh from rehab Galchenyuk were humorous and I hope that our braintrust is a little smarter than that.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017

Like the article. I think part of it is that some teams WANT the Yotes to make that mistake of trading Domi right now so they can get him on the cheap. So these rumors persist. Another annoying thing is that there will still be rumors until after the draft (at least) even if he isn't traded by deadline.

I like that he says he likes it here and I hope he gets his point totals back on track. Yotes need him to do that, and it would be great for both sides.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Friedman may throw stuff at the wall sometimes and could have been last week, but he's got a decent track record lately with the Coyotes.
First with the Smith to Calgary news.
Tocchet as the HC.
Trading for Holland
Sending Strome back to the OHL
Bolland/Crouse deal

That was just with a quick search of the forum here.

His biggest miss was Vrbata to Boston. But based on how that TDL went I think it was more likely due to price than nothing being in the works.

Craig throwing cold water over the whole Domi thing came about a week and a half after it got really hot. It would not surprise me if something was out there and didn't materialize due to the rumored high price Chayka has. Perhaps it was initially thought he would come down a little and did not.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
FWIW.... I have no doubt other teams have called about Domi and Chayka has listen to offers.

Seems to me this is all about spinning the message a certain way to fit the audience.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The other day he said he'd have breaking news after the commercial break. When they came back his breaking news was the Coyotes were eliminated from the playoffs.
Which apparently wasn't even accurate. I guess they technically weren't eliminated until very recently? Anyone know why Gambo said this?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Which apparently wasn't even accurate. I guess they technically weren't eliminated until very recently? Anyone know why Gambo said this?
What he wanted to say he couldn't substantiate. He either got a bad tip or the situation changed. For all his nonsense, I've found him to be very consistent about getting stories right over the years.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
What he wanted to say he couldn't substantiate. He either got a bad tip or the situation changed. For all his nonsense, I've found him to be very consistent about getting stories right over the years.

I never thought of that. Could be what happened. They made it sound like it was going to be big. I just happened to hear it when I ran a quick errand at work. When I came back I sat in my truck for 10 minutes waiting for the news so I was pissed when that was it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad