Speculation: Friedman: Offer sheet for Brayden Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I haven’t said anything about it but I’ve been thinking for a while now that this is a possibility. Based off nothing but with EF reporting Rangers being involved with offer sheets in two separate 31 thoughts makes me think there might be something to this. Our rebuild would basically be complete if we could land him (and/or Panarin) and in 2 or so years we’d be on track to be legit contenders. I would be happy with this move

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I haven’t said anything about it but I’ve been thinking for a while now that this is a possibility. Based off nothing but with EF reporting Rangers being involved with offer sheets in two separate 31 thoughts makes me think there might be something to this. Our rebuild would basically be complete if we could land him (and/or Panarin) and in 2 or so years we’d be on track to be legit contenders. I would be happy with this move
Our rebuild won’t be complete unless we have a true #1 dman. Sending 4 picks for a center is not going to help in that regard.

Reactions: Riche16

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah this is not the direction the Rangers want to go in. Also, Point is not a 90 point player here or any other team. Hard pass.

Friedman trying to get more clicks.

Reactions: egelband

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Panarin is within the realm of possibility.

Maybe even Trouba.

Point I just don’t see.

I can’t envision them giving up multiple firsts, including what will likely be a lottery pick next season as well.

I still think the end game is to try and make some noise at this draft, and put an exclamation point on things at the next draft.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
A pile of firsts is not worth the privilege of overpaying for an RFA. You're better off trading for an RFA after he's been extended.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Ehhh. Some context is important here. Friedman said that if the Rangers were going to be in on one of the big RFA names that it would be Point and it'd have to be 4 firsts to get it done. He didn't say it's a rumor or even that it's likely.

Reactions: egelband

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Why is this a thread????

Most of the posters here know more about hockey and the cap and the BUSINESS than he does if he thinks the NYR can

A) offer sheet anyone unless it’s for a massive overpay of picks

Or

B) Would offer sheet and risk 4 1st

This is nothing. Close thread for stupidity.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
My feeling is that the information he’s working on is “the Rangers want to do something big this offseason.” He said as much when Sather stepped down and added that he’s heard that plan hasn’t changed, I just don’t think he actually knows what it may be

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Theoretically, they could hit the four first rounder condition on something like a seven year deal at $7.5 million a year.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

Yea, I’m gonna hope this isn’t true. I don’t want Panarin either, but rather stomach his contract over a EK contract.

Been saying this all along. If the Rangers are going for a free agent, Karlsson makes more sense as far as filling a team need than Panarin does.

If the term and dollars make sense a la Shattenkirk he's coming here. I wouldn't give him a 7 year contract. 4 or 5 at a less than market value deal? Absolutely.

Reactions: DaBadGuy7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad