Rumor: Friedman: Avs have asked for, and gotten, permission to talk to Kyle Dubas

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yay??

@TV: Just rewinded it back to what he said " They also seem to be looking for help in the front office, they asked and received permission to talk to Toronto Maple Leafs Kyle Dubas, don't know where it stands, but he did get permission to talk to the Avalanche"

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I would REALLY prefer to hire someone with experience. Especially if it would be as GM.

Wonder what the deal is with McFarlane? Can't imagine he would want to stand by and watch someone else get the job.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
No context to it at all. Sounded like Friedman was very unsure about why we asked permission. He said he's very interested in seeing where this goes.

I would think it's for the GM role though.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
He's, like, 30 years old. Would be neat but so unlike us. What the hell does this guy know about our 96 run?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
As I said in the other thread, this is very interesting. Have to think it's for a GM position because Dubas isn't looking to make a lateral move and the Leafs probably wouldn't grant him permission to do so.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yay??

@TV: Just rewinded it back to what he said " They also seem to be looking for help in the front office, they asked and received permission to talk to Toronto Maple Leafs Kyle Dubas, don't know where it stands, but he did get permission to talk to the Avalanche"

Thanks. Hm, curious. I'd LOVE if he took over for Billington but that's a lateral move. If he's going to be the GM don't they want the new guy at the combine and all? I mean that's next week.

Anyway, help in the FO is good news.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Well, if anything with this along with the news of Farrish/Army/Allaire not coming back, it gives me hope that they're actively looking to add new blood to the FO. My fear was that they'd do nothing.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I would REALLY prefer to hire someone with experience. Especially if it would be as GM.

Wonder what the deal is with McFarlane? Can't imagine he would want to stand by and watch someone else get the job.

Dubas is by far one of the best guys we could hire. He's young and inexperienced but he's got a wealth of knowledge and approaches the game and players from the right perspective for today's changing game.

He would operate very similarly to how Chayka has worked in Arizona. Always looking for smart creative ways to make positive things happen with the team like the Daytsuk and Bolland moves last year.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Dubas is also a heavy analytics type of guy and this team really needs more in that regard.

This will be a brilliant move for the Avs if we can pull it off. He's also spent the last few years learning under Lou and you can't get a better mentor really.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Dubas is super smart, forward thinking, and heavy into analytics. He's the perfect gm for the modern NHL. Most leafs fans love him. You'd be lucky to have someone like him as a GM.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Please bring him in and give him control. He'd be a very welcome breathe of fresh air in this organization and bring us into the world of modern hockey. Maybe Sakic took the past month to realize "hey we really suck at our jobs and instead of firing ourselves I'll just bring in someone else".

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
Dubas is super smart, forward thinking, and heavy into analytics. He's the perfect gm for the modern NHL. Most leafs fans love him. You'd be lucky to have someone like him as a GM.

I like Dubas. I do. But I recall similar conversations just before Edmonton hired Eakins.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
This would be spectacularly awesome for Colorado. His line of thinking is where the NHL is going.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
uu9pmDP.gif

I like Dubas. I do. But I recall similar conversations just before Edmonton hired Eakins.

Came all the way over here to say this? A little early to be turning on him, we haven't even hired him yet...

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Maybe Avs management isn't as incompetent as I thought... Bringing in new fresh good blood would be a huge spark for my confidence in the team going forward.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Realize Dubas is likely a major fan of Matt Duchene. Unless Duchene straight up tells him he's ready to move on I have a feeling he will try to find a way to fix this team by keeping him around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad