Rumor: Friedman: Avs have asked for, and gotten, permission to talk to Kyle Dubas

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Do we know that he signed the extension yet though? Maybe one was offered, and he is mulling over it.

Today Dreger said he believes Dubas has signed an extension and previously it was Friedman who said there's talk that he did. I think Mirtle is the only one who has actually said he has.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I honestly wouldn't count on it. I think the ship has sailed and Dubas was likely using the Avs to secure what he wanted in regards to contract and future promotions.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Lol Dreger saying again that the Leafs didn't expect us to give him an offer.

Not like Dater and AJ (less reputable) AND MacKenzie all said yes there was definitely an offer and he wanted to take it.

Stupid Leafs.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
I honestly wouldn't count on it. I think the ship has sailed and Dubas was likely using the Avs to secure what he wanted in regards to contract and future promotions.

This seems most likely. He most likely used the Avs as an ultimatum to the Leafs: extend me and give me the opportunity for promotion or I'll move on and go somewhere that will.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If ever there needed to be more proof Dreger is a shill for hire. Yeah, the Leafs let Dubas talk to the Avs so he could give them some free analytics advice. :shakehead

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Guys you should know at this point, when Dreger says anything at all about the Leafs he's just saying exactly what the Leafs want him to say. Doesn't mean it's right or that Dreger is a doof. He's just passing on exactly what he heard.

Dreger to the Leafs is a more extreme version of Dater to the Avs. The difference is that Dreger really does have legit knowledge of other happenings around the league.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Guys you should know at this point, when Dreger says anything at all about the Leafs he's just saying exactly what the Leafs want him to say. Doesn't mean it's right or that Dreger is a doof. He's just passing on exactly what he heard.

Dreger to the Leafs is a more extreme version of Dater to the Avs. The difference is that Dreger really does have legit knowledge of other happenings around the league.

Ehhh... he's been on a downward trajectory for awhile. And has been approaching Eklund level at times. The only thing keeping him from that is just rephrasing whatever Freidman or Bob say.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Ehhh... he's been on a downward trajectory for awhile. And has been approaching Eklund level at times. The only thing keeping him from that is just rephrasing whatever Freidman or Bob say.

Nah, you're reaching. I don't know how you can say a guy who legitimately breaks numerous trades and signings each year is approaching "Eklund level".

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Nah, you're reaching. I don't know how you can say a guy who legitimately breaks numerous trades and signings each year is approaching "Eklund level".

I can't really recall him breaking anything... It's usually Lebrun, Bob or Freidman....

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

Nah, Dreger has been careening in some fantasy world since his cousin Nonis left Toronto. Dude used to be one of the better guys but he's honestly a straight up hack now. Current management doesn't talk to anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad