GDT: Friday vs. Dallas

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Unless we lose either Raymond or Glencross, I don't see how it's possible either. Treliving knows this, something needs to give.
Even if one of them are gone I just don't see it happening. He will still have to beat out Granlund, Ferland, Reinhart and possibly Bennett for that spot.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Personally I think they view him as a trade chip, and that he will be moved at the draft. Most likely in an attempt to move up, or possibly straight across for a pick/prospect.
I could see him in a deadline move as well.

I imagine him and Glencross going in a package together for some reason

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I think it'll be in the KHL - can't see him being traded unless we get full value (which we won't) so might as well keep his rights and let him hone his game elsewhere.

Burke wouldn't do that. Doubt Treliving would either. If they can't find a place for Baertschi on the team, they'll trade for him for anything or even just waive him to so he can get a chance somewhere else.

It's what Burke did with Bryzgalov while in Anaheim.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Burke wouldn't do that. Doubt Treliving would either. If they can't find a place for Baertschi on the team, they'll trade for him for anything or even just waive him to so he can get a chance somewhere else.

The Bryzgalov situation was different. Burke was worried about Bryz being flipped to a Western Conference playoff team if he traded him. So he put him on waivers knowing a bottom feeder would put in a claim and that they would be unable to trade Bryz as a waiver pickup. Burkie played the system like a fiddle there.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The Bryzgalov situation was different. Burke was worried about Bryz being flipped to a Western Conference playoff team if he traded him. So he put him on waivers knowing a bottom feeder would put in a claim and that they would be unable to trade Bryz as a waiver pickup. Burkie played the system like a fiddle there.

Eh, he went to the Coyotes who then became a playoff team, eventually.

The point is the same though; Burke wouldn't force a player to go overseas because he doesn't want to sell low. And with the KHL in fairly serious financial trouble, doubt Baertschi would want to go there either.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Eh, he went to the Coyotes who then became a playoff team, eventually.

The point is the same though; Burke wouldn't force a player to go overseas because he doesn't want to sell low. And with the KHL in fairly serious financial trouble, doubt Baertschi would want to go there either.
Bryz wasn't going to go overseas so it's a poor comparison as he was a pending UFA.

Also a team cannot force a player to play overseas. Baertschi could only go there if he doesn't accept his QO and can't agree to a new contract.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

Actually I think the best place for Sven to develop his skill game would be in the KHL, because once upon a time he could at least rely on that but now that it's gone, and he's got limited defensive instincts his entire game is gone to hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad