GDT: Friday vs. Dallas

May 23, 2007
Calgary
Man, I thought we have vets on this team to teach the kids. All they're doing is teach them how to be lazy. Get Glencross and Raymond traded.

Bring back Ferland please.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
When all the injuries happened, we had a bunch of kids and fringe nhlers that played better because they had something to play for, and cared more than any team in the league.

We are no longer that team

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
#FreeSven

Optically it may look bad, what with trading a local guy a year or less than that after he signed a multi-year contract, but I'm also entirely in favour of trading Raymond. There's only so many spots available for 'soft' players and I'd rather Baertschi or Granlund take one of those over Raymond.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
#FreeSven

Optically it may look bad, what with trading a local guy a year or less than that after he signed a multi-year contract, but I'm also entirely in favour of trading Raymond. There's only so many spots available for 'soft' players and I'd rather Baertschi or Granlund take one of those over Raymond.

I don't wanna rag on Raymond because he's not the reason we're losing, but Burke calls out Sven and suddenly everyone is a critic of his defensive game. Admittedly that area of his play needed work but Sven's 2-way game is no worse than Raymond's, in fact I wouldn't say Raymond back checks all that much either.

I think Raymond is a fine hockey player, but when he's not on a scoring streak he's largely invisible. I also do not want to see us lose Sven to keep a guy like Raymond because I think Sven's potential is higher. For that reason and considering organizational needs, I to would deal Raymond.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
When all the injuries happened, we had a bunch of kids and fringe nhlers that played better because they had something to play for, and cared more than any team in the league.

We are no longer that team

There was good chemistry on the ice and in the room. But don't dare tell Mr. Defensive Pat Steinberg this. It's embarassing listening to this post-game nonsense (sorry, didn't listen tonight, but as of a few losses ago Pat was The Flames White Knight).

In Hartley's voice, "Like, you know, this is disgusting!"

This is an embarassment after what was a such an abnormally nice start to the season. The wheels have fallen off and mailed themselves to four points far away from each other around the world. Gag.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't wanna rag on Raymond because he's not the reason we're losing, but Burke calls out Sven and suddenly everyone is a critic of his defensive game. Admittedly that area of his play needed work but Sven's 2-way game is no worse than Raymond's, in fact I wouldn't say Raymond back checks all that much either.

I think Raymond is a fine hockey player, but when he's not on a scoring streak he's largely invisible. I also do not want to see us lose Sven to keep a guy like Raymond because I think Sven's potential is higher. For that reason and considering organizational needs, I to would deal Raymond.
Sven's issues have never changed, it's his consistent effort.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
7 losses and we're still scratching Ferland and baertschi while playing GlenX and Raymond. What happened to earning your playtime?

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

That's pretty much been the knock on him his entire career. I see him in the same category as Smid and Stajan. If the Flames can find a taker for their contracts, they should be moved.

And I agree, it would be a mistake to move Baertschi to keep Raymond. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

7 losses and we're still scratching Ferland and baertschi while playing GlenX and Raymond. What happened to earning your playtime?

If by scratching you mean playing over in Adirondack, then uh, yeah.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary

1. Baertschi is no better but I am with you, I wish he was better, we are paying Raymond to be better, and he is but not too much right yet.
2. I hate GlenX, but he isnt our problem with SCORING, and if you think Ferland will address that idk what to tell you , our rookies had good games but they arent going to save us anymore than any other guy has.
Also I met Nikita Scherbak tonight at Cowboys, he bought me a beer, went on about how mad he was about being snubbed from Team Russia at WJ . I defs was suspicious of credibility at first but guy had a legit accent and showed me his ID. Actually when I told him "You shouldve been drafted by Calgary" he said "God damn I know":handclap:

It doesnt mean much but I actually played with Brayden Point, Mitch Moroz, and Cole Ully. only keep in touch with Cole and Mitch though. Mitch is a great guy he actually stood up for me against a bully when we were in grade 5 and he won a peace keeper award with me lol.

Last edited:

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
The Oilers suck and I am a fan of theirs but did you guys ever stop and think that a lot of your wins were due to extremely good goaltending for the first two months of the season?

Just an outsiders view and it's because I have witnessed a lot of bad hockey.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Oilers suck and I am a fan of theirs but did you guys ever stop and think that a lot of your wins were due to extremely good goaltending for the first two months of the season?

Just an outsiders view and it's because I have witnessed a lot of bad hockey.
for a large stretch of it the goaltending was average, but nice try.

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
Not starting a ruckus or anything, just witnessed a lot of great goaltending from both of your goalies.

Thought they won a lot of games based on their play alone. But whatever.

May 23, 2007
Calgary
Not starting a ruckus or anything, just witnessed a lot of great goaltending from both of your goalies.

Got great goaltending for like maybe 6 or 7 games, but other than that, they've been average.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell

Actually no not really. We won games because everyone was clicking, not just goaltending. You act like we had two Kipper's stealing games. But whatever.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
On the positive side, the race for McDavid is still alive

HAKAN LOOB

Oct 5, 2013
I'd say we won the game against the Florida Panthers despite goaltending, and the 2nd Chicago and Anaheim games were lost due to shaky goaltending.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Sven's issues have never changed, it's his consistent effort.

I do think his 2-way play has gotten a lot better, I've noticed him being way more involved on the defensive side of the puck this year. But I know what you mean and I don't disagree, I feel like he is trying very hard but like you have said previously there are stretches where you don't notice him and then he'll turn it on and dominate for 3-4 shifts and then disappear again. I don't think it's a lack of effort though, he just hasn't been able to make an impact consistently.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I do think his 2-way play has gotten a lot better, I've noticed him being way more involved on the defensive side of the puck this year. But I know what you mean and I don't disagree, I feel like he is trying very hard but like you have said previously there are stretches where you don't notice him and then he'll turn it on and dominate for 3-4 shifts and then disappear again. I don't think it's a lack of effort though, he just hasn't been able to make an impact consistently.
I'm not sure effort is the right word for Sven's issues either. I think it's the mental side of his game, almost like an inability to focus . I don't doubt he is trying but I think he loses focus and forgets what he should be doing.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm not sure effort is the right word for Sven's issues either. I think it's the mental side of his game, almost like an inability to focus . I don't doubt he is trying but I think he loses focus and forgets what he should be doing.

Yeah thats what I'm seeing and probably a good way to try and explain it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad