Friday January 11th : Detroit Red Wings @ Winnipeg Jets - 8:00 EST - FS-D/TVAS

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Green is scheduled to make his return on Friday. Who sits, Witkowski?

In no order :

Kronwall - Hronek
Cholowski - Green
Jensen - Ericsson
I thought DDK was supposed to be back this week, as was reported last week...FSD even mentioned Green was "a ways away"

EDIT: per TSN
Detroit Red Wings
NAMESTATUSDATE
Danny DeKeyserIRJan 8
Comment: DeKeyser (hand) will meet with team doctors either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning to determine when he'll be able to play again, Ted Kulfan of The Detroit News reports.
Mike GreenIRJan 8
Comment: Green (lower body) could return Saturday, Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports.
Michael RasmussenDay-To-DayJan 8
Comment: Rasmussen (lower body) wasn't on the ice for the Tuesday morning skate, Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports, adding that the rookie should be fit to return this weekend.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I thought DDK was supposed to be back this week, as was reported last week...FSD even mentioned Green was "a ways away"

EDIT: per TSN
Detroit Red Wings
NAMESTATUSDATE
Danny DeKeyserIRJan 8
Comment: DeKeyser (hand) will meet with team doctors either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning to determine when he'll be able to play again, Ted Kulfan of The Detroit News reports.
Mike GreenIRJan 8
Comment: Green (lower body) could return Saturday, Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press reports.
Michael RasmussenDay-To-DayJan 8
Comment: Rasmussen (lower body) wasn't on the ice for the Tuesday morning skate, Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports, adding that the rookie should be fit to return this weekend.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sounded like Green was good to do, And that DDK was waiting on the doctors final decision. And it sounds like DDK will be good to go by the Anaheim game next Tuesday from what Ansar just said.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I cant wait til TDL and the draft lottery. All these games are boring. We literally only have like 5 players worth watching on the whole roster.

Reactions: Ulysses31

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
It's nice to see Green back. Man he's had a rough year and was doing good when he was playing. Probably our best defenseman outside of Cholo.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I cant wait til TDL and the draft lottery. All these games are boring. We literally only have like 5 players worth watching on the whole roster.
Respectfully disagree. While losses without any progress from the kids are devoid of entertainment, there have been several games where a Larkin or a Bertuzzi or a Hronek have shown real growth, and I'm totally cool with watching those games, even if it's while getting shelled.

And by comparison, I'd sooner watch a bad loss with even a little bit of encouraging play from the youth, than the previous few years of bubble team hockey that relied on vets with no future here. It's all about the long game, and when I'm ok with the strategy, I have no problem with some ugly losses along the way.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Depends on if the Jets show up, they looked unimpressive for two periods last night until they poured it on in the third.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yep probably getting shelled tonight by the Jets. Though Detroit has played them well here lately.

They typically mark us as an off-night against the neighbour conference, like Contenders still do.

But Jets did lost against the Wild in an important Divisional game, so they could be angry and beat the frustrations from yesterday.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Going back to 2015, Detroit is 1-1 every year vs the Jets. Winnipeg has already won this year (2-1 on October 26th) , so by that logic, Detroit takes this one!
4-2 Red Wings win, Hronek and Cholowski 2 goals each.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad