GDT: Friday Finger - Edm vs Was @ 1 PM !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Bettman gives the hundreds of thousands of Oilers fans in Canada the finger who can’t watch the game tomorrow afternoon.

Doesn’t matter that Canada supplies the league with 1/3 of its revenue despite having only 7 of 32 teams. Just keep sending that smug elvish asshole our cash so he can create even more sunbelt teams in tax free states with revenue sharing.

The way the Oilers are playing it’s probably for the best to let the 17 Capitals fans watch on TV while we work up here tomorrow.

For those that care here are the lines for todays loss:

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl - Brown
Foegele - McLeod - Ryan
Janmark - Hamblin - Erne

Nurse - Ceci
Ekholm - Bouchard
Kulak - Desharnais

Skinner

First line from last year finally reunited.
Second line from last year finally reunited minus Yamo. In his place we have The Invisible Man.

Third line is garbage as long as Teflon McLoed is allowed to be on it and not eating popcorn in the press box. Most useless player on the Oilers right now.

Fourth line is an AHL line and not even a good one.

Fire all the D into the sun. Need a complete retool there. Even Ekholm has been drinking the Oilers water.

Skinner starts so an auto loss unless we score 14.

Of course I jest. I am going to remain positive.

We will only need 8.

IMG_6772.jpeg

Last edited:

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Bettman gives the hundreds of thousands of Oilers fans in Canada the finger who can’t watch the game tomorrow afternoon.

Doesn’t matter that Canada supplies the league with 1/3 of its revenue despite having only 7 of 32 teams. Just keep sending that smug elvish asshole our cash so he can create even more sunbelt teams in tax free states with revenue sharing.

The way the Oilers are playing it’s probably for the best to let the 17 Capitals fans watch on TV while we work up here tomorrow.

For those that care here are the probable lines for tomorrows loss:

Looks like we’re heading towards another 11-7 so Broberg can get his 4 minutes of ice time to show us why he is a failed draft pick.

Second line from last year finally reunited minus Yamo. In his place we have The Invisible Man.

Third line is garbage as long as Teflon McLoed is allowed to be on it and not eating popcorn in the press box. Most useless player on the Oilers right now.

Fourth line will be Janmark and Gagner with an overplayed 29 and 97 rotating in at C is my guess.

Fire all the D into the sun. Need a complete retool there. Even Ekholm has been drinking the Oilers water.

We will only need 8.

Wonder how many shots it'll take to 4GA again this time?
I say 3:sarcasm:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

For those that care here are the probable lines for tomorrows loss:

Looks like we’re heading towards another 11-7 so Broberg can get his 4 minutes of ice time to show us why he is a failed draft pick.

Fourth line will be Janmark and Gagner with an overplayed 29 and 97 rotating in at C is my guess.

We will only need 8.

View attachment 772402

On behalf of Canadians thanks for mentioning what a lot of us are thinking. That a league that stole the Stanley Cup from Canada (Its ours) that has 50% canadian players, and most of its fans can't have the basic decency to even acknowledge playing Canadian team games in a time slot where working Canadians can even watch live.

If ever there was another bellwether moment. This is an obvious and I would say even intended another F you to all of Canada. From Coast to Coast, that type of thing.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
On behalf of Canadians thanks for mentioning what a lot of us are thinking. That a league that stole the Stanley Cup from Canada (Its ours) that has 50% canadian players, and most of its fans can't have the basic decency to even acknowledge playing Canadian team games in a time slot where working Canadians can even watch live.

If ever there was another bellwether moment. This is an obvious and I would say even intended another F you to all of Canada. From Coast to Coast, that type of thing.

Don’t forget free agency opens up on Canada Day as well.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Was just watching this. I agree with Reda's suggestion, hire an actual experienced D coach to help Knoblauch.

It's not even like Coffey wants to be there anyway, lol.

I would be OK with the idea of bringing in Patrick Maroon too.

Pretty sad when two TSN analysts are probably smarter than your actual management.
To beat up Katz or Holland?

• Haha
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Skinner needs a break…like a nice relaxing trip to California, more specifically, Bakersfield.

And yet these Pejorative Slurs are going to start him again after a junk start.

Knobby: “Gotta get Skinny goin’”

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I mean from the last game

Calvin Pickard: .929 save percentage on 14 shots
Stuart Skinner: .667 save percentage on 12 shots

I mean c'mon. Don't be a dumb ass Knoblaugh, do you really wanted to be fired next to Woody in 18 months?
Yea after the Canes called off the dogs. He wasn’t very good when he got the start.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Caps are 10-4-2 and have the net 0 goal differential 43 goals for and 43 goals against. Oilers have 72 goals against, almost 30 more and this is after like 16 games.

Woof!

• Wow
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Wonder how many shots it'll take to 4GA again this time?
I say 3:sarcasm:
It’s an afternoon game, so I’m thinking only about 3 ounces for myself…;)

I mean from the last game

Calvin Pickard: .929 save percentage on 14 shots
Stuart Skinner: .667 save percentage on 12 shots

I mean c'mon. Don't be a dumb ass Knoblaugh, do you really wanted to be fired next to Woody in 18 months?
These personnel decisions like this and Broberg have to be being made by someone outside of the coaching office. Beyond crazy.

Reactions: frag2

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
It’s an afternoon game, so I’m thinking only about 3 ounces for myself…;)

These personnel decisions like this and Broberg have to be being made by someone outside of the coaching office. Beyond crazy.
Different kind of shot but still fitting

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Don’t forget free agency opens up on Canada Day as well.

I don't mind that though. As it's fun to check in throughout the day knowing you aren't at work.

Yea after the Canes called off the dogs. He wasn’t very good when he got the start.

Good in Oilers land when it comes to goalies is relative. Sure he wasn't very good in his start, but at least he was better than .850.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad