Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
The difference is Vegas has no loyalty to any player. They would get rid of everyone if it meant winning. I keep thinking they are going into a great depression and then last season they win the cup after missing the playoffs lol I hope im wrong and they have a decade of darkness but I wouldnt count on it.
You can't count on young millionaires to avoid a toxic team like that, when all you gotta say is "Vegas Baby!" and their heats starts to race.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Cassidy is f*** head.

He was complaining in the postgame about how they didn’t have a lot of time to prepare with all the guys coming back from injury.

You dumb f***, do you not realize how much of an advantage you had being that much over the cap?
The NHL was supposed to declare a week of celebration (and no hockey) to honor the safe recovery of Mark Stone's spleen. He has every reason to be righteously upset that this medical miracle did not get its due (and buy an extra week of practice). Hail science.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Honestly, I dont blame them. If you had the choice to play in Vegas or Seattle where you going?
Went to Vegas for a long weekend years ago (more than I care to admit), I still want the last 2.5 days of that trip back. Not many places make my ‘would not go back’ list but it’s at the very top. Definitely majorly in the minority though

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Went to Vegas for a long weekend years ago (more than I care to admit), I still want the last 2.5 days of that trip back. Not many places make my ‘would not go back’ list but it’s at the very top. Definitely majorly in the minority though
You probably are. So much to do there. I make it a point to go there once a year also to Tampa Bay after @henchman21 mentioned the strip clubs in Tampa. My gawd.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Vegas is severely overrated, IMO. It's big, dirty, and way overpriced... but I also don't gamble, so

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Vegas is severely overrated, IMO. It's big, dirty, and way overpriced... but I also don't gamble, so
That about sums it up. Well and too hot. It was like 40C and even in my early 20s I was not a fan of ‘let’s flip night and day and just be piss drunk the whole time’. If that’s all I was going to do I could’ve done it at home a lot cheaper and had the same experience

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Honestly, I'd pick Seattle. I love the rain and hate gambling. But trust me, I know I'm in the minority there.
Same. My wife has a lot of family in Vegas and I visit fairly often. Place is a freaking hole. I don't gamble much and I don't like shows so it has no redeeming qualities for me.

Legit too hot to be enjoyable too. Hate going in the summer

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
So wtf is Vegas plan for the offseason lol. That roster is so over the cap haha.
The team is managed by guys literally playing EA NHL franchise mode in real life. I have had many discussions with Knights fans here and I told them that they better hope they win again this year because going forward they’re f***ed. High cap hit, aging players and they have yet to prove they can develop a player. They also traded away a majority of their draft picks. I might be able to afford season-ticket in two years.

I wanted Vegas just so I could go to a game and also get revenge for 2021. Dallas is going to be a very tough series. Our top players are gonna have to come up big since Dallas has the advantage with depth and goaltending.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Vegas might become the old New York rangers signing every brand name vet to overpaid ufa contracts and putting band aids on band aids never truly tearing it down and building a proper winner. They do draft well tho.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yeah, I found Vegas to be tacky, gaudy, trashy, and loud. The whole place just screams "sleaze". I didn't spend long there and although there are some shows there I would be tempted to see, I'm in no hurry to go back.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Gotta watch the games.

It's not about the points on the scoresheet at the end of the night. If you're paying him that kind of money - he needs to be able to drive a line by himself and not just be a complimentary player on a top line where he's just 'part' of that line and racking up points because of who he's playing with.

By the way - I believe that he CAN do it but it just doesn't happen enough for it to make any sense to pay him that kind of money.
Complimentary wingers don't score 100 points.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah, I found Vegas to be tacky, gaudy, trashy, and loud. The whole place just screams "sleaze". I didn't spend long there and although there are some shows there I would be tempted to see, I'm in no hurry to go back.
Used to go for conferences back when I managed hotels. Got a couple of good, behind the scenes tours and the amount of money spent on psychology of design for those places is staggering. Like, the lighting always makes it appear to be late afternoon/early evening to keep you from realizing the passage of time. The Monte Carlo at the time only had a benches by the elevators. There was literally no other place to sit down unless there was a bartender, dealer or slot maching staring you in the face. It was crazy.

As a result, I would usually catch a show each trip but other than that I would mostly catch up on work or go to the movies in the evenings. Cirque du Soleil was always a good time. The one called Ka was absolutely incredible, but like you I'm not in a hurry to revisit. Just too many other places I'd rather take my wife.
Complimentary wingers don't score 100 points.
True. I just checked and Matt Duchene topped out at 86.

• Haha
Reactions: 5280

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Honestly, I'd pick Seattle. I love the rain and hate gambling. But trust me, I know I'm in the minority there.
I live in Seattle. There is plenty of legal gambling within 30-60 minutes of the city if you're into that sort of thing, which I'm not. That being said, I know "gambling" when it comes to Vegas evokes not only gambling, but a dozen other things tangentially related to gambling.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Honestly, I dont blame them. If you had the choice to play in Vegas or Seattle where you going?
Seattle. :thumbu:
Cassidy is f*** head.

He was complaining in the postgame about how they didn’t have a lot of time to prepare with all the guys coming back from injury.

You dumb f***, do you not realize how much of an advantage you had being that much over the cap?
Did he really say that? :laugh: What an idiot.

So funny that this shit finally backfired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad