Post-Game Talk: Fri., Nov. 1, 2013|Capitals 7 at Flyers 0

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I'll admit that I don't like Emery's fight, but this site is bat **** anymore. Assault charges are seriously being discussed on the main boards. Really? Get the **** over it. Not surprised that it's the same fourteen posters that routinely trash the flyers in general.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
tumblr_lxvbuqikVb1qfr6udo1_400.gif

Oh, God, am I depressed.

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
I'll admit that I don't like Emery's fight, but this site is bat **** anymore. Assault charges are seriously being discussed on the main boards. Really? Get the **** over it. Not surprised that it's the same fourteen posters that routinely trash the flyers in general.

I missed the game and read people talking about the fight first and then saw it and I was like 'really? that's it?' It's bad but being blown way out of proportion.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I missed the game and read people talking about the fight first and then saw it and I was like 'really? that's it?' It's bad but being blown way out of proportion.

Typical HF is the only appropriate answer. It plays to that whole idea that everyone loves to feel offended by some course of action. Seriously, there are posters committing time well into the morning just to get their point across about Emery's guilt. Who's that concerned about it. I gave up after three posts.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I don't know about 'constantly' but I know they did battle because that was one of the big reasons I liked Jester so much. I still get annoyed when I think about JXC's never ending love of Stevens and Jones.

JXC is a bit overdue to show up. since he just loved to show up after a bad loss or during a losing streak and go on and on and blame the wrong players.
As far as the game tonight, the only image I care about is the direction this team seems to be heading in. I dont care about the fights, the shenanigans or whatever else. The on ice product is pretty piss poor right now. They have been outscored 10-0 in the last 5 periods on home ice. I would venture to guess there havent been to many times you see your team get thumped like that for 5 straight periods in your own barn. Pathetic.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
This team must be cursed. It's the only logical explanation. Maybe Snider struck a deal with the devil back in the 70s; win two cups but never win again was the deal. That's gotta be it.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

This society has become soft and sensitive to everything, unfortunately. I just don't understand why the brawl happened after it became 7-0. Too late to spark the team to a comeback win.

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
juts give it to hextall already. put us all out of our misery and lets rebuild. if were gonna suck lets suck for something. but bottom line is suckin sucks

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Francois St. Laurent was the ref last night. Now I see why that game spiraled out of control. He is a terrible referee. He was the ref that lost control of the Flyers/Pens playoff game with the fights at the end and letting Neal run around like a *****.
Had enough of that idiot in the AHL. Not sure how he is still officiating NHL games.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Just something that came into my head and not meant as an excuse for how bad we are but are the Caps a better Team without AO??

bWo*

Just something that came into my head and not meant as an excuse for how bad we are but are the Caps a better Team without AO??

Caps fan here. With AO in the line up they let him carry the team and when hes not in the line up they carry their own wieght.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Caps fan here. With AO in the line up they let him carry the team and when hes not in the line up they carry their own wieght.

That is what I was thinking. Instead of looking for AO to pad his stats they make hockey plays instead.

CavemanLawyer

Feb 22, 2006
Ocean City, MD
That is what I was thinking. Instead of looking for AO to pad his stats they make hockey plays instead.

Ala Philadelphia Sixers without Iverson. Team would play panicked, deer in head lights, but due to that would actually play 10 times better when he was out of the line up. Come back in, team switches back to relaxed mode. Teams record without Iverson, when he was injured was 40-61, but the team played **** ton better. Only lost because they lacked the scoring. If they would have had a normal, mid tier-upper tier scoring guard, that team would have actually been really well put together, but every time Iverson was out there, the team kicked it into 2nd gear and let Iverson roll on in 6th. Not Allen's fault at all, but was still interesting to watch at the time. Whenever he was injured the joke was "Lets tune in and watch how good the other players COULD be". Play hard for a loss, play easy and let Allen do it for a win was another joke.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Ala Philadelphia Sixers without Iverson. Team would play panicked, deer in head lights, but due to that would actually play 10 times better when he was out of the line up. Come back in, team switches back to relaxed mode. Teams record without Iverson, when he was injured was 40-61, but the team played **** ton better. Only lost because they lacked the scoring. If they would have had a normal, mid tier-upper tier scoring guard, that team would have actually been really well put together, but every time Iverson was out there, the team kicked it into 2nd gear and let Iverson roll on in 6th. Not Allen's fault at all, but was still interesting to watch at the time. Whenever he was injured the joke was "Lets tune in and watch how good the other players COULD be". Play hard for a loss, play easy and let Allen do it for a win was another joke.

Eloquently said. The Caps have some great players that would thrive on other teams.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Really? The guy skated, unprovoked, the length of the ice and beat the **** out of an unwilling combatant. I wouldn't have a problem with Emery getting charged with assault, that was gutless and ugly. Holtby did nothing to warrant what happened. The ref was disgraceful but this is all on Emery and I bet Homer had a role in it since he went to the dressing room in the intermission.

Some of you need to take off your orange glasses and think about how you would feel if someone did to Mason what Emery did to Holtby. It was assault, pure and simple.

chimrichalds18

the key
Apr 17, 2007
philadelphia
Really? The guy skated, unprovoked, the length of the ice and beat the **** out of an unwilling combatant. I wouldn't have a problem with Emery getting charged with assault, that was gutless and ugly. Holtby did nothing to warrant what happened. The ref was disgraceful but this is all on Emery and I bet Homer had a role in it since he went to the dressing room in the intermission.

Some of you need to take off your orange glasses and think about how you would feel if someone did to Mason what Emery did to Holtby. It was assault, pure and simple.

Yep. It's all an embarrassment, and it's a sign of a floundering hockey team that doesn't know what else to do. Remember the playoffs with the Pens two years ago? We outplayed them and frustrated the **** out of them, and their response was to goon it up. It was classless then, and it's classless now when we're the ones doing it.

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
There is a way to take a stand; you can fight guys on the other team who are willing to fight. Holtby has probably hardly ever fought in his life. Why should he have to drop the gloves and get pounded just because the opposing goalie has a burr up his ass?

If he did not want to fight he could have used his stick to Emery out, the stick is not just for stopping pucks.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
I heard there were some riots, assaults etc.

Watched the video and saw a normal line brawl. I don't get it, aswell as the whole Scott/Kaleta-threads.

I simply don't understand whats the big deal is about it, they get there penalties and boom, problem solved. But people actually want to imprison or ban these players for life.

I don't get it and i'm from Sweden.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

I agree 100%. It was a disgrace. However their was nothing the ref could do. Refs aren't allowed to break up fights, it has to be a linesman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad