Movies: Free Guy (2020)

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Everyone needs to stop what they’re doing and go see this. Movie of the year. Perfect cameos, great story. Awesome!

95 percent on Rotten Tomatoes

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
I was initially very wary of this film but the more I look into it the more I am excited by the concept

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
first half was surprisingly good, second half was surprisingly bad.

Agreed that it losts its charm somewhere in the middle. Still was a lot better than expected, but I thought I was going for something absolutely dumb so the bar was pretty low.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Yeah, liked it quite a bit. Won't rehash my review from the main ratings thread, but definitely enjoyable. Nice to get back into the theatre after all this time.

free-guy-dude.jpg

CATCHPHRASE!!

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Saw this tonight with my girlfriend. First time back to a movie theater since Covid hit. Fantastic first movie to get back to a theater with. I loved the movie and she thought it was really good. An easy recommendation.

Reactions: Kelly

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Finally saw this movie - really really enjoyed it. Ryan Reynolds has really come into his own as one of the most entertaining actors in Hollywood, I really enjoy his style.

I did think the ending could have been way better though. It's as if where they went with the story the last ~20-30minutes, all of it I wish it had gone down differently, that was a bit lame. Still, overall very entertaining

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just finished watching it on Disney+. Not just a good movie, a GREAT movie, 9/10. I Laughed really hard when I recognized Hugh Jackman's voice, the Captain America shield scene (complete with the Avengers them and Chis Evans).

Last edited:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Just watched it on Disney+ too .. really enjoyed it, thought it was awesome.

Love how Disney milked the rights on their content (Marvel and Star Wars) :laugh:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah just finished it.

Ending definitely fell a bit flat, but overall a thoroughly entertaining and fun movie to watch.

Agreed on the comment earlier about Ryan Reynolds as well. He has really stepped into his characters roles quite well lately and is one of my favorite actors to watch right now.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I saw this the other night with a lady friend.

I do not understand why people like this. I couldn't wait for it to be over.

There's not a lick of good humor in this thing.

Reactions: Fripp

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The movie was actually made before the purchase had been completed. But Disney ok'd the use of all of that.

The movie was in production before the acquisition, but filming started in May 2019. The purchase was closed in March 2019.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad