Free Agents

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Samsonov is still out there and had 40pts in 78 games in 2011. No idea is he has any interest in playing anymore but he's only 34.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Samsonov is still out there and had 40pts in 78 games in 2011. No idea is he has any interest in playing anymore but he's only 34.

I still have my Sammy jersey...it would give me great joy to have him back *hold the laughter* I really honestly miss his little shifty skating a lot. But I don't think they'd ever do it.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Very interesting option. Read today he's got an invite to Panthers camp? Did Kovalev play for Juliens' Habs, and were there any issues? Kovalev is a sniper,, lazy but a sniper. No better line mates to cover up defensively for him than Kelly and Peverly.

Yes he did and there were issues. When things were going bad Julien said to the players "what do you want me to do guys" and Kovalev sarcastically replied "Your the coach you tell us." That was just before Julien got the axe in Montreal.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
What about Andrew Brunette? Ryan Parent used to be a pretty decent prospect could be worth a look at D. Blair Betts is another good checking line type that is available. Domo would be a really good fit on our third line now. For me Knuble is too slow at this point in his career. He was never fast but now he is incredibly slow.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Any interest in Milan Jurcina? He played in the Czeck league this season so he is most likely in better shape than a Mottau or some of the other D options I've heard so far.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Rolston back if he could be had for cheap.

I know people get pissed when you mention this guy but if there was ever a time for the Yeti to come over the pond, it would be now. Give him the spot and if he doesn't fit, flip him for anything we can get.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Any interest in Milan Jurcina? He played in the Czeck league this season so he is most likely in better shape than a Mottau or some of the other D options I've heard so far.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Rolston back if he could be had for cheap.

I know people get pissed when you mention this guy but if there was ever a time for the Yeti to come over the pond, it would be now. Give him the spot and if he doesn't fit, flip him for anything we can get.

Jurcina would be an interesting option for bottom-pairing depth. In my mind, he's probably a slightly beter option that Mottau.

Rolston...No. He seemed cooked last season (he did improve in the last games of the regular season, but not so much that I want him back) and isn't getting any younger.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
What's the fascination with over-the-hill former Bruins ?

I would go after Mark Fistric next summer.

Hard-hitting, 26 yo, 6'2" 240 lbs.Will add tons of stability and grit after Boychuk is traded/bought out next summer.

Chara-Seidenberg
Hamilton-Fistric
Ference-McQuaid

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
What's the fascination with over-the-hill former Bruins ?

I would go after Mark Fistric next summer.

Hard-hitting, 26 yo, 6'2" 240 lbs.Will add tons of stability and grit after Boychuk is traded/bought out next summer.

Chara-Seidenberg
Hamilton-Fistric
Ference-McQuaid

Why would the B's buyout Boychuk, and why would Dallas trade a former first rounder who's starting to come into his own?

Like Fistric a lot, but I'd be shocked if Dallas didn't resign him.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Rolston...No. He seemed cooked last season (he did improve in the last games of the regular season, but not so much that I want him back) and isn't getting any younger.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/186405021.html?refer=y

"I've had a great career," Rolston said. "You play for 17 years, I'm very content. At the same time you have that feeling like, 'Am I really done?' You've been doing it so long, you feel like you have to go back and do something. But I'm happy if this is the end of my career. I've faced the reality of that."

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Motteau signed with the leafs today. Scratch him off the list

tumblr_m429fwqFyn1rw4yfko1_250.gif

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
What about Andrew Brunette? Ryan Parent used to be a pretty decent prospect could be worth a look at D. Blair Betts is another good checking line type that is available. Domo would be a really good fit on our third line now. For me Knuble is too slow at this point in his career. He was never fast but now he is incredibly slow.

He was slow as molasses 10 years ago, by now he's probably skating in reverse.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
I feel the same. I wasn't sure why people wanted him back.

Or 90% of the 10 players mentioned here. Must be wanting to give themselves a gold star.

I see no reason to jump the gun to sign someone before the first week of play. There should be teams willing to get a bag of pucks for guys who are better than the ones mentioned here.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Scotty G and Wade are about to become FA I wonder which one shows up here first?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad