Free Agents

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Gomez was sent home with a full salary so it's not a buy-out with means he can't play for anyone.

The buy-out is planned for next year.

They are both UFA's right now. The NHL and NHLPA met today and teams are allowed 1 buyout by the end of the week for players like Redden and Gomez.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They are both UFA's right now. The NHL and NHLPA met today and teams are allowed 1 buyout by the end of the week for players like Redden and Gomez.

So does that count as their 2013 buyout then? Or are these extra special buyouts that don't count against the future buyouts

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I think they are doing right by these players. It's actually refreshing to see League and PA using a little common sense collaboratively for a change.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
Thanks guys for the update.

I expect deals (money wise) to be made regarding a contract like Gomez's. Has to be some give and take whether it be with those contracts or the new rules.

Kind of sucks to be a prisoner for a GM's (Sather) stupidity.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Wishful thinking. And McQuaid looked fine.

Yes, but if there is one concern it is the depth on D. I fear Hamilton is not quite ready but I am cool giving him the experience in the show while he learns....but we should have signed another D.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Yes, but if there is one concern it is the depth on D. I fear Hamilton is not quite ready but I am cool giving him the experience in the show while he learns....but we should have signed another D.

No argument from me. I don't know much about Johnson, but if we are going to rely on Johnson and Hamilton in the 6 man rotation for any stretch...its going to be tight. PK Subban isn't really depth, of course.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
with McQuaid looking questionable because of his injury and Dougie being a rookie it's time...

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...a-deal/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So.....you're saying?
I like P.K. too and I really believe that if in a B's uniform he'd be mentored into being an eventual super-star defenseman. He needs a little (very little) seasoning and a fair amount of tutelidge in terms of sportsmanship, integrity and humility but if/when he learns those qualities his talents would get a chance to rise to the forefront.
In terms of what it would take to snag him...I'd have to think
$5.5-6 mil (at least) for 5 years. The other thing is that the the B's front office would basically be declaring a border war with Montreal and I doubt that in JJ's eyes that would be appreciated, unless of course the B's were sending back 2 big contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad