• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Last one was full.

So far the Leafs have been linked to (through rumour)

- signing Gudas
- discussing a trade with Detroit involving Kerfoot and a 2nd
- re-signing Spezza (pretty well known)

Other points of note:

- Marner and Nylander's actually salary starts becoming lower than their cap hits. Desirable for budget teams with cap space
- Brodie was targeted by Dubas last off-season .. suffice to say he'll be a target to upgrade the blue line provided they can acquire the cap space

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Last one was full.

- signing Gudas

Other points of note:

- Marner and Nylander's actually salary starts becoming lower than their cap hits. Desirable for budget teams with cap space
- Brodie was targeted by Dubas last off-season .. suffice to say he'll be a target to upgrade the blue line provided they can acquire the cap space

Can I get the source on the Kerfoot trade?

Hopefully it's Mantha or something ridiculous.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Last one was full.

- signing Gudas

Other points of note:

I didn't see this Kerfoot bit. What were the details and how reliable?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Can I get the source on the Kerfoot trade?

Hopefully it's Mantha or something ridiculous.

Yeah it is a rumoured, ridiculous 2nd which would make the Kadri deal a complete joke. Personally I do not believe it nor do I think Dubas makes that deal as he would hear it from the fans and media.

Reactions: Brobust

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah it is a rumoured, ridiculous 2nd which would make the Kadri deal a complete joke. Personally I do not believe it nor do I think Dubas makes that deal as he would hear it from the fans and media.

Yeah, it's not happening.

Reactions: ToneDog

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

Looking at Detroit, they have few guys that interest me to varying degrees.

Luke Glendenning - only works if they retain salary, but he's a perfect 4th liner for a contending team
Adam Erne - high energy physical winger who may have untapped offensive potential
Givani Smith - high energy physical winger

Madison Bowey - right handed defenseman with a lot of tools but hasn't put it together

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I don't know how I feel about moving Kerfoot.

His play in the Playoffs is more in line with what I expected when he came to Toronto, and more in line with what he actually is.

I think he can essentially provide ~40 PTS, a strong 2-way game, and he seamlessly picked up PK duties as well.

He plays a more important role than the other $3M forwards, and I wouldnt really be actively looking to move him right now.

Letting the UFA's walk and trading Johnsson would be the cap moves, Kapanen and potentially some RFA's are the chance to add value or bring in a different mix.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Ideally we would have a 3C with more Jam but unless we find one in a trade Kerfoot is our best option.

Reactions: Nylander88

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I don't know how I feel about moving Kerfoot.

His play in the Playoffs is more in line with what I expected when he came to Toronto, and more in line with what he actually is.

I think he can essentially provide ~40 PTS, a strong 2-way game, and he seamlessly picked up PK duties as well.

He plays a more important role than the other $3M forwards, and I wouldnt really be actively looking to move him right now.

I said it last year Kerfoot had to be a top unit PKer in order to be truly valuable for his contract. I never understood why they didn't even try him through the season, as he seemed like a guy who would do well. In the play-offs, he showed some good potential to be a long-term solution there.

I'd be fine keeping him as the 3C and top unit PKer.

We do need to clear significant cap space, though, and if we can get way more for Kerfoot than Johnson and or Kapanen, I think he should go.

Reactions: kb

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
If they move Kapanen and Johnsson and still need a little bit of cap space, I think I move Dermott before I move Kerfoot.

3.5 is pretty much the going rate for 3rd line centers these days. You're really not going to find anyone muhc better than Kerfoot for significantly less. This team also has no center depth.

Reactions: kb and The Podium

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
While I've got zero is us eif they move Kerfoot. I think his PK ability, especially this playoffs should give folks a bit of pause before the team just gives him away.

If he can be 3c and eat up tons of PK time, that's value for the team right there

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I wonder what the leafs center depth will look like without Kefoot. Maybe Spezza at 3C and Goat/Engvall at the 4C

If we moved him, we would have to bring in a replacement. Radek Faksa would be fantastic, though may not be available.

St. Louis needs to drop some salary, even before they try to make room for Pietrangelo. They have a handful of guys I would like - Oskar Sundqvist, Ivan Barbashev, or Jacob de la Rose.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
While I've got zero is us eif they move Kerfoot. I think his PK ability, especially this playoffs should give folks a bit of pause before the team just gives him away.

If he can be 3c and eat up tons of PK time, that's value for the team right there
Finally moving him to the PK, and him looking good there, is a huge bonus. We dont use Johnsson on the PK, he's not a C, he's second line PP no different than Kerfy or Kappy...I think he's the most obvious choice to move first

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Never heard the Petro interview on 1050, but I must say; I would like to see him come to Toronto on a discount and moving some bodies out. He seems to be saying all the right things.

Reactions: Mad hatter

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Finally moving him to the PK, and him looking good there, is a huge bonus. We dont use Johnsson on the PK, he's not a C, he's second line PP no different than Kerfy or Kappy...I think he's the most obvious choice to move first
Only issue moving AJ is timing.
Coming back from injury and not having many games under his belt might depress his value. Bit of a drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad