Free Agent Signings and Current Roster

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I'm sorry, what file am I supposed to be checking And what sheet in what file? When I open the Roster and Free Agency file, and click on the Roster Players sheet, Columbus, Chicago and Colorado are not represented.

When I click on the pivot table, my data is virtually unreadable due to formatting I'm not allowed to change (because it's a pivot table).

Having said that, the re-signings listed in the 2010 Free Agency file for Columbus are correct.

I have changed the name to roster file under old excel format so everyone can read it. The RFA and UFA should be up to date and pointing the pivot table to your team should give you your current roster.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
okay based on players Dallas added sykora lost upshall on Columbus now shannahan retired so no one can resign him Andy hilbert still has 3years left on contract the rest is good

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Thanks Hasnain, that's better!

For Columbus:

Remove:
Colin White (to DAL)
Petr Sykora (to DAL)
John Mitchell (to WAS)

Add:
Scottie Upshall (from DAL)
Trevor Daley (from WAS)

Cheers!

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Bruins: - Mark Parrish is no longer on our roster. Otherwise, roster is all good. I'll be submitting some QOs and UFA offers sooner than later for some of my existing roster players, but the RFA and UFA designations are correct thus far from what I can tell.

thanks,

GM Kruegs

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
For the Oilers...

Tim Sestito should show $800,000 x 1 year left.
JF Jacques is listed twice, the one with him signed for $700,000 x 3 is right.
Jason Arnott is listed on the UFA tab as my property but he doesn't show on the Pivot Table.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Give us a day or two and we will figure out the details and off season schedule...

In order to minimize work, I think there should only be 1 qualifying Offer email per team. So if you are planning to send an offer to sign your RFA than you should wait until there is no possibility to sign a player. The QO email should the last email for each team to submit.

I will discuss with Reggie and Mickey to see what should be the cut off date.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
In order to minimize work, I think there should only be 1 qualifying Offer email per team. So if you are planning to send an offer to sign your RFA than you should wait until there is no possibility to sign a player. The QO email should the last email for each team to submit.

I will discuss with Reggie and Mickey to see what should be the cut off date.

I get a little confused about this stuff. Wouldn't virtually any offer on a RFA be enough to be considered a QO? Most RFAs are on rookie or near rookie contracts and virtually any raise will be enough to satisfy the QO requirements wouldn't it?

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
I get a little confused about this stuff. Wouldn't virtually any offer on a RFA be enough to be considered a QO? Most RFAs are on rookie or near rookie contracts and virtually any raise will be enough to satisfy the QO requirements wouldn't it?

No, QO is based on players current HFNHL salary. If a player is making below $1,000,000 than the QO has to be 10% more than his current HFNHL salary.

Last edited:

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
No, QO is based on players current HFNHL salary. If a player is making below $1,000,000 than the QO has to be 10% more than his current HFNHL salary.

No I understand that part. It always sounds as though QOs are a seperate thing that need to be sent for RFAs if you can't come to terms on a new contract. Let's try an example...

Paul Stastny last year was making $850k in the HFNHL but had a NHL contract of $6.6M. I offered him $5M or whatever it was, which was rejected. Does that not count as a QO on the player? I offered WAY more than the min 10% raise that's required to retain his rights.

If it does count then I guess I'm just not following correctly because it sounds like we need to send in QOs on all unsigned RFAs before FA starts regardless of what negotiations we've had previous.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
For the Canucks, from the pivot table document:

Out: Dan Sexton (traded to CAR)), Nick Petersen (traded to CHI)

In: Dylan Reese (signed mid-season, 1 more year at 525,000), Charles Linglet (signed mid-season, 1 more year at 500,000), Jamie Heward (UFA this summer), Bates Battaglia (UFA this summer)

From the 2010 Free Agent Signing doc:

Nigel Dawes should be on Montreal now.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
No I understand that part. It always sounds as though QOs are a seperate thing that need to be sent for RFAs if you can't come to terms on a new contract. Let's try an example...

Paul Stastny last year was making $850k in the HFNHL but had a NHL contract of $6.6M. I offered him $5M or whatever it was, which was rejected. Does that not count as a QO on the player? I offered WAY more than the min 10% raise that's required to retain his rights.

If it does count then I guess I'm just not following correctly because it sounds like we need to send in QOs on all unsigned RFAs before FA starts regardless of what negotiations we've had previous.

Yes, in the NHL it may count but with 30 teams and 100's of email, it is better to get one email indicating that you are offering a QO.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Yes, in the NHL it may count but with 30 teams and 100's of email, it is better to get one email indicating that you are offering a QO.

Yeah to echo this: If a player is an RFA and even if you've had contract offers rejected I think a QO is mandatory to avoid confusion.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Flyers

Missing
Brock Trotter year 2010-2011 left at 700 000$
Tanner Glass 0$ no contract for now

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
One other point on QO's - the offer has to be a one year deal.

Teams often offer up larger contracts that are 4 year deals and consider this as good enough for the QO, but that is not the case. In particular for players who are a year or two away from being a UFA, taking a QO is often considering versus a more lucrative 4 year deal if the 4 year deal is still not what their UFA market value may be.

And sending these as one e-mail makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad