GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Oh great. I always forget that NHL network has like 90 minutes of decent coverage via Sportsnet before they switch over to this NHL Tonight garbage. :shakehead

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
And a broken foot when we lost to Tampa in the ECF. That is 3 of the previous 4 years he had been injured.

Lol if you think that his "style of play" has anything to do with that.

Erik Karlsson had a broken foot and a sliced Achilles one year. Was that due to his style of play?

If you play big minutes as a D in the NHL, you're going to get dinged up.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Brooks is crazy worrying about McDonagh right now. So much can change in a few years. Rangers don't have really any concerning cap problems right now.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
You (not specifically you) guys better not make fun of the Vlasic contract. McDonagh will get more, which is why I would have tried to trade him. (If they didn't sign smith and or Shattenkirk)

I wouldn't sign McD to that contract either. Giving long term contracts to thirty year old players is generally a bad idea.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I can't help but wonder what the plan is with our forward group..

If we sign shatty we'd have what 8 Dman that are capable of playing NHL time.

You assume Holden will be traded if Shatty signs (need to free up #22 for him)

But yea they would have an issue playing all these younger guys. Pionk would start in the AHL, and maybe they pair DeAngleo and Bereglazov with Staal and rotate them every other game

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Brooks is crazy worrying about McDonagh right now. So much can change in a few years. Rangers don't have really any concerning cap problems right now.

Right this very minute, yes you're correct. Next year however, might be a different story

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey

I didn't take any of those tweets worrying about any particular player. He was just outlining their cap situation. It might be a shattenkirk chain of thought.

Lundqvist comes off the cap 2 years into the McDonagh deal. I think we'll be ok.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Lets say we do sign Shattenkirk..

Where does the Rangers overall defense and goaltending fare compared to the league? You gotta figure top 5 at least no?

You got Nashville, Anaheim, Minnesota, then who else is better?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
literally every deal today has every regular jackoff going "ZOMG WHAT A TERRIBLE CONTRACT", maybe the people who actually do this stuff for a living know more than us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad