GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Today is the big day. Do we sign Shatty? Do we sign Thornton? Pavelec? :popcorn:

Lets try to keep info to only legitimate sources.

Your sisters husband who works with someone who is married to a person that works at MSG, is NOT a legitimate source.

The guy you follow on twitter that provides excellent statistical analysis and has 110 followers is NOT a legitimate source.

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
If we enter the season with Cap space, not signing Jumbo and Marleau, how long will it be before the Sedin twins to NY rumors start to surface? 4 weeks? 8 weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Shattenkirk 7.0 x 5
Thornton 3.5 with attainable bonuses up to another 2.5 for one year
Pavelec 1.5 for two years
Mika 5.5 per 7 years
Fast 2.25 for 3 years

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Just a fun reminder, please check for a verified mark on twitter before posting and for the love of all things holy, nothing from those stupid anonymous insiders.

That's about everyone you'd need to follow today. Yes Lavoie is not verified but that is his correct page.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Just a fun reminder, please check for a verified mark on twitter before posting and for the love of all things holy, nothing from those stupid anonymous insiders.

That's about everyone you'd need to follow today. Yes Lavoie is not verified but that is his correct page.

I'm going to add something at the top of the thread. Good call.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

I am happy for Girardi. He is a good guy and I think he will have fun in Tampa playing with his old pals Callahan, Stralman and Boyle. I truly hope he succeeds and has a stellar bounce back season. With that being said, as of right now...

Tampa. What in the ever loving **** are you thinking? :biglaugh:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm really curious to see what Yzerman gives Girardi. 2 years @ $3.5 or something?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Today is the day where despite what I really think is best for the team, I just want to sign ****ing everyone. LOL.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I'll take both Grigorenko and Burmistrov on Grabner-like deals. Pavelec I'm meh on, but as long as it's not too expensive, okay - let Benny work his magic. Shattenkirk if we get the discount (either higher AAV and short term or longer term but lower AAV). Sprinkle in some Paliotta-like deals and call it a day on the UFA market.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'll take both Grigorenko and Burmistrov on Grabner/-like deals. Pavelec I'm meh on, but as long as it's not too expensive, okay - let Benny work his magic. Shattenkirk if we get the discount (either higher AAV and short term or longer term but lower AAV). Sprinkle in some Paliotta-like deals and call it a day on the UFA market.

I really want Burmistrov. I think he's a perfect fit with our club and style of play.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Prediction: Shattenkirk and Grigorenko will be Rangers.

Grigs as the 4th line center is fine

Shatty checks off so many boxes for this team. A very capable 1st pairing RHD defender, very underrated defensively, skates well, first pass is solid.

Helps set the defence up to perfection for this team as we continue to build on the fly.

McD - Shatty
Skjei - Smith
Collection of what's left.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Today is the day where despite what I really think is best for the team, I just want to sign ****ing everyone. LOL.

Haha. I kind of get the same way. If the Devils do sign Shattenkirk for like 7.5 per, as much as I said I don't want him for that much there will be a small part of me that is pissed that we didn't get him.

Unfortunately, I won't know whats going on. Got to hit the road soon, my rental car doesn't have sirius, my wifes parents live in the sticks so I get no cell service and they don't have wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad