GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Yes im aware. He changed up his act. He was a bit to dirty back in the day. But i believe and NHL analysts believe he changed up his act. I know Boston probably wont sign him. But that's a type of player they need. Thornton on his way out soon, due to age.

-You guy's are just disagreeing because of what he did. If he didn't do anything to a Bruin player in the past you guys would agree.

* Im sorry if i offended any Bruin Fan's i was just making a suggestion.

Camara lok him up OHL Barrie Colts thats our New Thornton.

TP I am not saying anything about Cooke

BB624

Jan 1, 2009
Boston Ma-Roslindale
Yes i do. Do you? He is one of my favorite players. He can put up numbers as a 3rd line grinder.

He put up 21 points in 48 games played last season?

-2008-09 season. 31 points, 101 PIMS.
-2009-10 season. 30 points, 106 PIMS
-2010-11 season. 30 points, 129 PIMS
-2011-12 season 38 points, 44 pims.

He averages around 28-37 points. Why wouldn't you want that type of player on your team? Those are the types of players you want for playoffs. A player who is willing to block shots, bring energy, crash the net, Agitate the other team.

-Just because you dislike him or his style of game, doesn't mean you have to hate on him. He is a good player.

- That's what the NHL and more teams need is players like that.

And whatever good will and trust the players have in Chia/Neely would be instantly gone.

The trust and good will of fans would be gone instantly.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Yes im aware. He changed up his act. He was a bit to dirty back in the day. But i believe and NHL analysts believe he changed up his act. I know Boston probably wont sign him. But that's a type of player they need. Thornton on his way out soon, due to age.

-You guy's are just disagreeing because of what he did. If he didn't do anything to a Bruin player in the past you guys would agree.

* Im sorry if i offended any Bruin Fan's i was just making a suggestion.

No he didn't! He's just avoided suspension because Bettman gives Lemieux reach arounds. He played like a thug in the playoffs.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What's with all the 7 year deals? Most of these guys aren't the kind of players you sign for 7 years.

I don't want any part of a 7 year deal for a player who isn't in the core group you build around and outside of the Chara like deals you rarely sign those core guys up during free agency.

Would rather see Chia look for a trade or promote from within-but please stay away from the Pandolfos-would rather have a youngster with speed than a slow aging veteran in the 13th slot.

Exactly.

I like steak but I'll be damned if I pay thirty bucks a pound for it.
Packages being thrown out there are ****ing nuts.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Never thought I'd say this ever, but thanks for deleting that post. I made a snarky attack at his grammar and actually made a spelling error.

The pinnacle of internet embarrassment.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
teams can't eat cap hits in the NHL. I wish that was part of the CBA would makes trades more available and throw an entire new angle into making deals.

Actually that was changed in the new CBA, it is possible now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad