GDT: Free Agent Frenzy: Rumors,Signings, Trades: July 1st 12pm EST TV- TSN

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Man, would it be something if Dunn goes to arbitration. Jeannot too.

Imagine if both Dunn and Borgen get to arbitration and Dunn's award is so high and Borgen's is high enough they decline to sign Borgen?
This is the scenario I was hoping for as of a week ago. But now even if it happens I don't see how KA pursues Borgen after signing both CC and EJ. Perhaps it would still make sense if the teams see a straight up trade of Jokiharju/Lyubushkin for Borgen. Buffalo getting a better player but Seattle avoiding a contract scenario they can't handle (I assume Borgen is a lock for at least 3.25 mil plus).

It would be perfect though, to have the CC crowd and the Borgen crowd get to see their guys go head-to-head for 2nd pair duty.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Maybe you can explain to me why Fleury filed for arbitration. Seems super weird to me. He should be happy just to get a QO.

I am not certain, but I believe it is because Fleury has been stuck as an 8th D in a ridiculously healthy blue line, and has not been given a chance to play. His QO probably is a Two-way deal, and with the Kraken picking up Megna and Dumoulin, and the Kraken expecting to be up against the cap this season, he may likely get waived.

I would assume he would get claimed, but since hardly anyone has seen him play, and Francis and Hakstol waived him after 6 minutes of preseason time in the past to sneak him through early, he is probably fighting for a one-way contract and maybe using it as leverage for a trade.

Kid is solid. Should be in the NHL. Plays smart and physical. His skating is not bad, and he can PK and not hurt a team when on the ice in a 3rd pairing role. I think he just wants his chance, which he should be given imo.

Reactions: joshjull

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2