Speculation: Free Agent FRENZY! Part IV Trade and proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
I agree, I think some people will be surprised. He played injured quite a bit which hurts his numbers, but like you said when he's healthy he's close to a PPG.

If you consider .65 close to PPG, then sure.

But really, its a 29 point difference over an 82 game season.

Ruski

Apr 7, 2009
Toronto
If you consider .65 close to PPG, then sure.

But really, its a 29 point difference over an 82 game season.

Obviously a bit exadurated on the behalf of that poster but reality is Colbourne still has some room to grow, especially if he can stay healthy for a full season or two.

Leafs biggest weakness now is at center, so if i were to make any significant moves its to bolster that position.

If we cant find a Top tier #1 Center, then start stocking up on higher end center prospects until an opportunity to make a big trade comes along. If the top centers do get traded, its usually for up and comming top tier "center" prospects on ELCs.

I feel good about our goal tending duo and hopefully we can get reimer signed to a longish deal so that they can play together for 2-3 years to really see if one stands out.

I feel good about our defensive prospect pool and feel like our depth at wing is also sufficient for a few seasons.

That leaves us still short of a star center, so lets do the next best thing and collect more young center prospects with potential :)

my 2 cents :yo:

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
Obviously a bit exadurated on the behalf of that poster but reality is Colbourne still has some room to grow, especially if he can stay healthy for a full season or two.

Leafs biggest weakness now is at center, so if i were to make any significant moves its to bolster that position.

If we cant find a Top tier #1 Center, then start stocking up on higher end center prospects until an opportunity to make a big trade comes along. If the top centers do get traded, its usually for up and comming top tier "center" prospects on ELCs.

I feel good about our goal tending duo and hopefully we can get reimer signed to a longish deal so that they can play together for 2-3 years to really see if one stands out.

I feel good about our defensive prospect pool and feel like our depth at wing is also sufficient for a few seasons.

That leaves us still short of a star center, so lets do the next best thing and collect more young center prospects with potential :)

my 2 cents :yo:

my personal feeling is that running

Kadri
Colborne
Gauthier
McClement

Is perfectly fine for your centre group.

SteveV*

No offence, but if you can't even spell a player's name correctly, I have a hard time taking your analysis seriously.

Jackothy

Jun 10, 2009
In the 19 calendar months which he played in 5 or more AHL games, he was over .75 PPG in 4 of them.

Fair, but I'll try and break it down.

Colborne's first year in Toronto
20gp-8g-8a-16p-.80ppg

Next year comes roaring out of the gates and gets AHL player of the month.
9gp-8g-8a-16p-1.7ppg

Then he gets that terrible wrist injury which he attempted to play through, but loses the ability to shoot the puck and his stats drop only putting up in his remaining games
56gp-8g-15a-23p-.41ppg

Prior to the injury, he had
13gp-10g-9a-19p-1.4ppg

He comes back into the next season still suffering, and hasn't put up many points. Then his wrist "pops" and heals in December and he puts up 20 points in his next 20 games, as well as 36 in his final 43, putting his final 43 games at .83ppg.

When healthy, he has been close to a PPG.

In fact, if you average out all his time when healthy as a Marlie, you get this.

76gp-71p=.93ppg

(this is accounting for his first season, the first 13 games of 2011/2012 before injury, and the final 43 games of 2012/2013 after his wrist popped.)

This would be 76 points over an 82 game season.

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
In the 19 calendar months which he played in 5 or more AHL games, he was over .75 PPG in 4 of them.

If you don't follow the Marlies and you don't know when Colborne is healthy and when he isn't, why do you bother arguing with people?

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
If you don't follow the Marlies and you don't know when Colborne is healthy and when he isn't, why do you bother arguing with people?

Why do you care what I post? no one is asking you to read it.

The initial post I responded to didn't say anything about his health, just that he was a PPG in AHL, which wasn't true. I didn't notice that the second one I replied to had health as a qualifier.

Then when it was pointed out, I decided to look into the numbers and found that he had short stretches of when his production was ~PPG so I posted it. And ItsOurGame provided a detailed breakdown of his injury history and showed how he was close to a PPG when healthy, instead of just whining about me not knowing about his injury history.

Now I see how his injuries effected his production. I found it to be a useful discussion for me, and maybe as a result, other people who read ItsOurGame's post who didn't know about Colborne's injury issues might have gained some insight into Joe Colborne.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Fair, but I'll try and break it down.

Colborne's first year in Toronto
20gp-8g-8a-16p-.80ppg

Next year comes roaring out of the gates and gets AHL player of the month.
9gp-8g-8a-16p-1.7ppg

Then he gets that terrible wrist injury which he attempted to play through, but loses the ability to shoot the puck and his stats drop only putting up in his remaining games
56gp-8g-15a-23p-.41ppg

Prior to the injury, he had
13gp-10g-9a-19p-1.4ppg

He comes back into the next season still suffering, and hasn't put up many points. Then his wrist "pops" and heals in December and he puts up 20 points in his next 20 games, as well as 36 in his final 43, putting his final 43 games at .83ppg.

When healthy, he has been close to a PPG.

In fact, if you average out all his time when healthy as a Marlie, you get this.

76gp-71p=.93ppg

(this is accounting for his first season, the first 13 games of 2011/2012 before injury, and the final 43 games of 2012/2013 after his wrist popped.)

This would be 76 points over an 82 game season.

That's good information, thanks for compiling it.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
This is ineresting and I wouldn't doubt, that in coming years, we will see a Cap this large but it seems a tad on the high side but the article is saying

The salary cap currently sits at $64.3 million heading into the 2013-14 season, a factor that has caused the NHL free agent market to slow down since the initial rush back in July.

Report: NHL Salary cap could rise to $80 million in four years

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/article...ry-cap-could-rise-to-80-million-in-four-years

The NHL's salary cap could go up to $80 million within the next four years, according to Elliotte Friedman of CBC Sports.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Habs signed Douglas Murray.

Murray's not a bad player, but a bad fit for the Habs IMO. We're going to absolutely blow by him.

I actually think he's a great fit for the Habs as a depth Dman.

Murray hits likes a truck which will help with their toughness, will drop the gloves occassionally and is solid defensively especially as a PKer which is an area that they struggled with last year.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Murray will improve toughness but that's about it. Douglas Murray is a shell of what he used to be. He was a beast back in the day with San Jose, but he's pretty much just an immobile cinderblock now.

SarcazemKadri

Feb 15, 2012
Toronto
Murray will improve toughness but that's about it. Douglas Murray is a shell of what he used to be. He was a beast back in the day with San Jose, but he's pretty much just an immobile cinderblock now.

Haha, this. He may still be able to hit hard but hes about as close to a literal pylon as you can get without actually being one.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Remember when JVR blew by Schenn for that one cool goal?

Now imagine JVR blowing by Douglas Murray twice in one game for two cool goals.

Yeay, MTL got a pylon!! ^_^

Cool Hand Luke

May 27, 2008
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 6m

Told #Capitals still waiting for confirmation that Grabovski has accepted their offer but all is pointing in that direction.

Could we trade his buddy Kulemin to Caps for a prospect? We sure could use the cap space... Would absolutely love local boy Tom Wilson. Would be perfect as a cheap option on the third line. Seems like he is NHL ready. Do you think the caps would do that?

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
A couple years back there were rumors of something around Schenn + Frattin for Dustin Brown.

Who would you guys rather have: JVR or Dusty Brown?

Imagine adding Brown's physicality to our team right now :o

I love JVR though.

It'd be close but I'd likely choose Brown.

Asif16*

A couple years back there were rumors of something around Schenn + Frattin for Dustin Brown.

I love JVR though.

Yeah def brown

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto

I love JVR though.

But it would really be:

JVR & Bernier or Brown

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad

I love JVR though.

big JVR fan and we also have Bernier now, so as good as Brown is, i rather have JVR + BERNIER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad