Speculation: Free Agent FRENZY! Part III Trade and proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If Phaneuf gets dealt, I think Nonis would demand another young top 4 dman coming our way. Maybe something like Smid + 1st for Phaneuf + Filler Prospect.

The Oilers aren't moving Klefbom.

:laugh: then flip Edmonton's 1st, Toronto's 1st, plus a prospect (close to being NHL ready?) or young roster player (Franson?) for Pietrangelo :sarcasm:

Gardiner - Pietrangelo
Smid - Gunnarson
Rielly - Fraser

:biglaugh:

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
If Phaneuf gets dealt, I think Nonis would demand another young top 4 dman coming our way. Maybe something like Smid + 1st for Phaneuf + Filler Prospect.

The Oilers aren't moving Klefbom.

And how will we get a #1 shutdown Dman that gets 45+ points to replace Phaneuf?

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
The only player i'd want to trade Phaneuf for, that MIGHT have a SLIM chance of being available due to contract negotiations is Pietrangelo.

I wonder what it would take Phaneuf + what?

Morlesio14*

is there a deal around phaneuf + ??? for erik johnson from colorado?

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
Not big on trading phaneuf unless we have plans to aquire another top dman AND theres no way we can retain kessel and phaneuf (in which case see ya dion!).....

Bottom line is we should be adding to the top 4 not detracting from it (not to mention the most important dman to boot)

Tyler Biggs*

Well I am glad to have Bozak back. He may not be Crosby or Toews but he gives 110% every night. You gotta respect that.

Fans confuse the terms '1st Line Centre' and 'Franchise Player'. They look at guys like Crosby and Toews and use them as the standard for a 1st line centre. Those 2 players both play centre but they are also both franchise players and no GM is trading their franchise player.

He has earned his spot, especially as an undrafted guy, and has played as well as Burke could have hoped when he was recruited.

ShLou Foot

6-8-5-13
Jul 3, 2011
crusoed
Phaneuf + Gardiner for Johnson + Stastny

I think people get too carried away after one playoff series from Gardiner

Oh, you mean like Paul Stastny with 1 good season, or Christopher Mintz-Plasse with ONE good role in a movie.I hope you realize Gardiner has played for more than 1 playoff series. Please move along Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad