GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Part II - Awful deals galore! (Clowe to NJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider with AV's help will be a 30 goal guy. JT Miller under AV will develop nicely too.

I'm counting on AV big time to develop what we have. No need for stupid FA contracts.

You're putting an awful lot on a coach that has a pretty poor track record with youth.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Ryan is an overrated floater of a player. He has the talent to be a PPG player, but hasn't been able to become that despite playing with Getzlaf and Perry.

Wrong.

He spent most of the time the last couple of years on the second line. He wasn't even on the first powerplay unit. Putting up solid production with a center like Koivu and Cogs is impressive.

To everyone else's point, 95% of top players are floaters. Nash is a floater, Gaborik is a floater, kovalchuk is a floater. As long as they're producing then that all that matters. Just because some of you wouldn't give up that offer doesn't mean it's a good move for us. Let's just stick to winning games 1-0, or better yet losing games 1-0 because the fact of the matter is the system won't magically make us score more, we still need more offense.

Kershaw

Hamonic is on par with Staal, better than MDZ. Probably 3rd-4th best defender on this team. Helluva deal for the Isles.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
On top of everything we have said, they wouldn't have had the cap space to do that anyways.

obviously it would depend what we gave up. DZ, Miller, 1st, would be close. thats almost 4m, how much does Bobby make? anyway, I'm content with not doing it, I was just pointing out that 30 goal scorers dont grow on trees, so we can move on now

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
obviously it would depend what we gave up. DZ, Miller, 1st, would be close. thats almost 4m, how much does Bobby make? anyway, I'm content with not doing it, I was just pointing out that 30 goal scorers dont grow on trees, so we can move on now

5.25 I think? Assume Miller isn't on the NHL club though. Not as close.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Am I the only one happy about the Rangers not doing anything except for signing Moore today?

Definitely not. Was just going to post about how we should have a few offseasons of low turnover changes and let the team gel a little. That's how contenders are made for the most part. Keep the same guys around for a while, let them develop chemistry.

Kershaw

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Canucks announce signing of C Brad Richardson

Drewbackatu*

Kreider with AV's help will be a 30 goal guy. JT Miller under AV will develop nicely too.

I'm counting on AV big time to develop what we have. No need for stupid FA contracts.

Are you serious? We didn't hire houdini pal, we hired a coach who got fired from the canucks because he couldn't find a way to win any playoff games over the past 3 years(lost 10 of last 11) and who is notoriously bad with nuturing, developing and getting the best out of young players!

Time to familiarize yourself with the real AV and not the one in a fantasy world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad