GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Part II - Awful deals galore! (Clowe to NJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
The point is that we have a good/great team. We have made it to the second round two years in a row and one ECF appearance. Thus, if Lundqvist plays otherworldly, and we get a few surprises, we can find ourselves in the finals with our current roster.

Obviously you want to improve every year, but we don't need to model our team after other teams.

We dont have a great team. The team that went to finals was dramatically different and last yrs team needed trade deadline deals to squeak into playoffs. At no point in playoffs or regular season did we play like a great team. We consistently played from behind with half the roster not contributing to the offense. If not for Hank ............

Championship*

I would have done MDZ and Miller for Ryan, give them what they were looking for.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
MDZ, miller, and a 1st would be e equivalent. An yes I would do that deal every day of the week to get another bonafide sniper.

They didn't give up nearly that much. Silfverberg is good but the rest is meh.

depends if they wanted Mdz..but yes, I would have done that deal no question.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It's perplexing. I actually don't mind Moore, because he's only making $1M, but every year we're handing out $1.5M to 4th liners, it never makes a difference, and Ranger fans want us to keep doing it!

If our 4th line is some combo of Moore-Boyle-Dorsett, that's over $4M for a job AHL players could pretty much do. Spend the money elsewhere.

Chicago and Boston just showed that if you want to be a contender - you need quality depth, not "AHL players"

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'd rather Sather work the trade market if he can, something he is actually good at (save clowe). we have plenty of trade chips if something makes sense.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
MDZ, miller, and a 1st would be e equivalent. An yes I would do that deal every day of the week to get another bonafide sniper.

They didn't give up nearly that much. Silfverberg is good but the rest is meh.

Who's a bonafide sniper? 30 points in 46 games on the 2nd place team in the West? 57 points in 82 games the year before that? UFA in 2 years. I wouldn't move MDZ + Miller + 1st for Ryan. Not even close.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Who's a bonafide sniper? 30 points in 46 games on the 2nd place team in the West? 57 points in 82 games the year before that? UFA in 2 years. I wouldn't move MDZ + Miller + 1st for Ryan. Not even close.

30 goal scorers dont grow on trees...and consistent ones at that.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Ryan is an overrated floater of a player. He has the talent to be a PPG player, but hasn't been able to become that despite playing with Getzlaf and Perry.

Last edited:

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
He was not anywhere close to on pace for 30 goals this season. He doesn't really make the payers around him better. He is a poor man's Nash. People want to get rid of Nash.

because Ranger fans obviously dont like goals. and as for Ryan,one season out of how many?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He was not anywhere close to on pace for 30 goals this season. He doesn't really make the payers around him better. He is a poor man's Nash. People want to get rid of Nash.

He's a poor man's Nash and Ottawa gave up a bigger piece in Silf than anything we gave up for Nash.

Championship*

Am I the only one happy about the Rangers not doing anything except for signing Moore today?

I'm ecstatic. Been having a great day watching all these names go elsewhere. Only player I would have liked to have had was Ryan but that was a trade anyways.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Why not go out and try to pry Yakupov away from Edmonton instead? MDZ + Miller + 1st? That would easily be enough for him. Dynamic, young, better contract.

I'm not saying I would or wouldnt do those deals.. I'm just saying he's better than given credit for by Ranger fans.

TankLarkin

Will Cuylle is Ready.
Mar 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
Kreider with AV's help will be a 30 goal guy. JT Miller under AV will develop nicely too.

I'm counting on AV big time to develop what we have. No need for stupid FA contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad