GDT: Free Agent Frenzy | It’s a bonanza!

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Honestly the prospect depth isn't a problem right now, we have so many international prospect which I'd actually good, europe is constantly under scouted and some gems come out of no where.

Benning has the ability to sigh another player for 2-4M because he can "officially" sign Hughes on opening day after Ferland is placed on LTIR on opening day, because right now Ferlands cap hit still counts against the cap until he is placed on IR during opening day.

Personally I'd love to add a Kase, Ritchie or Heinen. Youngish guys on 1 year deals on a show me deal, yeah you wont be able to resign them but they would be in a good spot to rebound playing on a 2nd or 3rd line here.

The prospect pool sucks and is bottom-five in the NHL.

Ferland will have no bearing on Hughes as his contract is cheaper than what Hughes will be. You can't use Ferland's LTIR to sign Hughes.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Honestly the prospect depth isn't a problem right now, we have so many international prospect which I'd actually good, europe is constantly under scouted and some gems come out of no where.

Benning has the ability to sigh another player for 2-4M because he can "officially" sign Hughes on opening day after Ferland is placed on LTIR on opening day, because right now Ferlands cap hit still counts against the cap until he is placed on IR during opening day.

Personally I'd love to add a Kase, Ritchie or Heinen. Youngish guys on 1 year deals on a show me deal, yeah you wont be able to resign them but they would be in a good spot to rebound playing on a 2nd or 3rd line here.
I think our focus should be resigning our RFA’s… and if a cheap option presents itself a bit later than maybe. But also not opposed to just having a little cap wiggle room either.

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
The prospect pool sucks and is bottom-five in the NHL.

Ferland will have no bearing on Hughes as his contract is cheaper than what Hughes will be. You can't use Ferland's LTIR to sign Hughes.
Ferland isnt on LTIR rn, so his salary counts towards the cap right now

You have to wait till day 1 of the regular season to put him on LTIR, since Hughes cant be Offer Sheeted, dont officially sign him till day 1 of the season(when you put Ferland on LTIR), you can essentially use Ferlands salary to sign another player and be cap compliant because Hughes isnt technically signed until after Ferland Is on LTIR

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
It's been a legendary off-season. This is one we will reflect back on in a few years and think it was a pivotal change in Canucks trajectory

Reactions: Jimnastic

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
So it sounds like Ian Clark hand picked Halak.. did he hand pick Holtby too?

At least Halak seems like the kinda guy who would fit in better.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
It's been a legendary off-season. This is one we will reflect back on in a few years and think it was a pivotal change in Canucks trajectory

This offseason was the most excitement I've had in years. I'm happy f*** it.

Hamonic compliments Hughes well, might as well try the same strategy with OEL and Rathbone.. pretty much sums up how I feel about the D moves today.

Reactions: ratbid

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Like some others have echoed, and it is wishfull thinking but I hope we can get Petey, Hughes and Dickinson signed for a reasonable price to add one more winger to that 4th line.

Ritchie, Brassard, Donato, Heinen or Bozak could all be solid options over Highmore/Macewan

I am excited, we finally have a decent bottom 6. I felt all last year we basically had 2 4th lines and after watching the top teams play it was evident our 3rd line did not come close to the level of others.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Ferland isnt on LTIR rn, so his salary counts towards the cap right now

You have to wait till day 1 of the regular season to put him on LTIR, since Hughes cant be Offer Sheeted, dont officially sign him till day 1 of the season(when you put Ferland on LTIR), you can essentially use Ferlands salary to sign another player and be cap compliant because Hughes isnt technically signed until after Ferland Is on LTIR

Ferland is done; he will be on LTIR before opening day. He was on the opening day roster in 2019 because he was expected to return that season and it made sense to have him on the roster and then place him on LTIR. And there's no need to delay Hughes' signing for LTIR/cap reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad