GDT: Free Agent Frenzy (in October!) | Sharks throw a pile of money at Labanc, re-sign Noesen, Marleau(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The depth chart is actually deeper than that IMO. Seems like Leonard, Handy and Pasichuk should be listed somewhere there. I think they were brought in to fill out the NHL roster and are probably a better bet to play in the NHL out of camp than a few guys listed.

Yeah. I only wanted to list one extra spot per position and I'm operating under the assumption that any of the rookies have to demonstrate their readiness in camp before they get real consideration for the NHL roster. Until we know otherwise I'm earmarking them for the Cuda.

Maybe I'll put an additional Cuda depth chart up there at some point.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Prediction time:
Granlund - 2 years $4.5 million per year (low AAV relative to his last deal, but stock is low and money is tight leaguewide)

Sorensen - Dealt to someone likely later in offseason

Bottom 6 RW - Guessing someone like Hinostroza, Travis Boyd, etc.

3rd pairing RD - Someone like Rutta or TVR that costs $1.5 mil or less on a 1 year deal while we wait on Merkley to get ready.

Jumbo/Marleau - Both come back on league minimum deals

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Why am I waiting in anticipation when nothings going to happen today

I blocked out the day to watch the coverage, but in expectation of nothing happening I also set myself up a bunch of extra tasks. Other projects on the computer, cleaning the shelves around my desk, trying to find a pen that I'm missing, maybe even sitting back and making a dent in my video game backlog. Basically anything I can do while still within 15-20 feet of a tv and my laptop

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I blocked out the day to watch the coverage, but in expectation of nothing happening I also set myself up a bunch of extra tasks. Other projects on the computer, cleaning the shelves around my desk, trying to find a pen that I'm missing, maybe even sitting back and making a dent in my video game backlog. Basically anything I can do while still within 15-20 feet of a tv and my laptop
You’re my hero.

Here in HB.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Thanks for managing all these threads. Looking at some other teams boards, it makes things much better.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Lebrun tweet

So the same answer he has used for the past 3 years where he waits to see what the roster looks like and how much room wilson has left to play with and then takes his share of the pie.

Nothing in that states he is looking at other teams, he just knows that he is no longer priority number 1 for wilson and the sharks and he also knows that if he waits till the team is fully sorted he may get more money then if he signs early and gets wilson to work around it.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I hope you find that pen. I hate losing pens.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Patty Ice

Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Prediction time:
Granlund - 2 years $4.5 million per year (low AAV relative to his last deal, but stock is low and money is tight leaguewide)

Sorensen - Dealt to someone likely later in offseason

Bottom 6 RW - Guessing someone like Hinostroza, Travis Boyd, etc.

3rd pairing RD - Someone like Rutta or TVR that costs $1.5 mil or less on a 1 year deal while we wait on Merkley to get ready.

Jumbo/Marleau - Both come back on league minimum deals

That is what I am thinking as well (exact same Granlund term...not sure how feasible it actually is). Currently on CapFriendly trying to work Smith into the lineup as well on another short term deal for a million less than Granlund. Don't think there is anyway I can make it work though :laugh::laugh:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I have not heard any rumors linking the big names AP, Hall to specific teams. Seems weird because normally the big names atleast get associated with some teams before the start of FA. I know some teams are aggressively clearing cap space but still not heard them linked to the players.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Simmonds for 1.5 to Toronto?! Woooofff. With their cap situation and his decline, bold move. Double what he should’ve got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad