Hoffman Pageau Chaisson
Greening Smith Stone

Ex neil

I can live with this

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Are you kidding me? If Chicago ever offers that deal to us, we should take it.

Nick Leddy is great. Patrick Sharp is a little old but still good.
The only thing of value in that deal is Lazar for Chicago.
Two 3rd line players when they are their best in Smith/Greening.

No he's not. He's basically a slightly better Patrick Wiercioch, with a better reputation.

Defensively, the guy is a sieve. One of the worst defensive defencemen in the league.

JackBauer

May 16, 2006
Ottawa, Ont.

Look at what Chicago gets - a good prospect in Lazar and two 3rd/4th line grinders with flashes of skill every blue moon. For two proven players - one of whom is only 23? Sign me up. I have no idea why teams love Greening but we should try to cash in on it.

explain to me why Sharp is worth more than Spezza?

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Caution: From Eklunds site

Rumor: Chicago-Ottawa Blockbuster Discussed
"Basic parameters of deal would be: Patrick Sharp and Nick Leddy to Ottawa for Colin Greening, Zack Smith and 2013 1st round selection, Curtis Lazar. I have heard of Hawk interest in Greening and Smith now from two separate sources in the U.S. and Canada."
-John Jaeckel

Im done as a sens fan if that happens. Lazar should be untouchable

This is classic Eklund. There is no way Ottawa would be trading Lazar. Especially after Murray made it a point to mention him by name as the future of the Senators.

I can see Greening and Smith going. Chicago has long been interested in those two and they need to clear cap to make way for Toews and Kane's contracts.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
It would be stupid to trade Lazar. But maybe Murray & Melnyk feel the pressure to make a go of it this season, ticket sales could take a bit hit by the sounds of the twitter ****-storm. Do or die.

I mean, if you are never going to spend money, there's no point in prospects anyway.

Best to maximize the value of the current payroll and deal with the future when it arrives. If you can get a player you can afford that is better than the prospect, you might as well pull the trigger.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
This is classic Eklund. There is no way Ottawa would be trading Lazar. Especially after Murray made it a point to mention him by name as the future of the Senators.

I can see Greening and Smith going. Chicago has long been interested in those two and they need to clear cap to make way for Toews and Kane's contracts.
I cant who the hell is going to play center for us ,no way is the deal anything but garbage for us .We give up half our bottom 6 and our best prospect for what ???Pieces we dont need :nod:

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013

I agree. Smith is the guy Chicago has been wanting for a long time now.
Not sure its a good idea to trade him now though but if its for a guy like sharp Id do it for sure, just no Lazar. However Sharp is 32 not sure he fits for the future

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
I remember when I called Nick Leddy more or less a 5/6 defenseman last summer because he was Chicago's #6 defenseman in TOI/G during 2012/2013 and I got torn to shreds. Turns out he was #6 in TOI/G this past season too and now everyone kind of accepts he isn't that great now.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I mean, if you are never going to spend money, there's no point in prospects anyway.

Best to maximize the value of the current payroll and deal with the future when it arrives. If you can get a player you can afford that is better than the prospect, you might as well pull the trigger.

What I'm saying is that pressure to make money now might tip the balance when considering a roster player that isn't quite as good as the potential ceiling of the prospect. Considering the age of our current core players, it would be better to hang onto Lazar than to trade him for Sharp.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
If Chicago wants Smith and Greening, that's great. But there should be no way in ****ing hell that Curtis Lazar is a part of that package. A+++ prospect. You'd have to be stupid to attach him to a deal for that package. Sharp and Leddy for Smith and Greening on their own makes a lot more sense.

sebas85

Feb 28, 2014

Murray goes out of his way to mention two prospects by name...Lazar and Boro. Eklund then includes Lazar as a throw-in in a ******** trade, and half of Ottawa HF has Boro getting waived for nothing. Internet hockey logic at it's finest.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourhuckleberry View Post
Funny. Murray (Buf) received a phone call during his press conference last night, silenced it, then laughed and said he should probably take that call. Wonder if it was Murray (Ott) calling.

Here comes stewart:)

JackBauer

May 16, 2006
Ottawa, Ont.
You really think our garbage + a prospect is that valuable?

Lazar hasn't played a game in the NHL, Chiasson has.

Jonathan Cheechoo has played 500+ games, is he worth more too?
And for that matter, Chiasson is gold because he's played in the NHL but Smith/Greening are garbage despite playing 200+ games each? (Not saying they have a ton of value, just disputing your logic).

Lazar is our sole bluechip prospect, something we didn't get when we traded Spezza. Kesler didn't pull a bluechip prospect. Vanek didn't either (at the deadline). So why should Sharp - especially when he's older than all of them.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia

Look at what Chicago gets - a good prospect in Lazar and two 3rd/4th line grinders with flashes of skill every blue moon. For two proven players - one of whom is only 23? Sign me up. I have no idea why teams love Greening but we should try to cash in on it.

7+24 in a full season is Great ?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Lazar isn't going anywhere

Murray clearly said the gm is picking a prospect..... If lazar was on the table the other gm wouldn't have to wait

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Lazar isn't going anywhere

Murray clearly said the gm is picking a prospect..... If lazar was on the table the other gm wouldn't have to wait an dick

This is an excellent point.

I would do that deal in a heartbeat if it was almost any other prospect in our system... like, Puempel? That's an easy "yes". Obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad