GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Halloween Edition - The next scream you hear may be your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Today is the first day we really need to worry about Cody Ceci becoming a Penguin.
tenor.gif

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Are Vegas really going to run with Lehner / Fleury? 12 million at one position? Or are they hoping Fleury doesn’t report and they can void his contract.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Wennberg for cheap and see how much Tanev wants to come play with his brother.

Everyone wants Wennberg. That dude is going to be double dipping for a while and rolling in cash.

Tanev was a "fun" idea before Matheson. We already have 4 defensemen making over 4M now; adding a 5th would be absurd. We have 23M tied into the corps and Marino is due a raise next season. If he's coming - someone should be going.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If Rutherford's telling the truth, we won't be involved today, and I rather hope that's true.

Not sure if this is the case. I think JR meant he won't be doing anything big in free agency and he'll only get a significant player if they slip through the cracks. I can see some a small signing or two of some depth players today, but I'm not expecting anything big.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Are Vegas really going to run with Lehner / Fleury? 12 million at one position? Or are they hoping Fleury doesn’t report and they can void his contract.

Montreal trend setting. They have 14.85M tied in goalies.

Not sure where you're going with this though. The idea of MAF back here is aids.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

They’ll move him. The variables will be how much retention and/or what assets they have to include.

He’s definitely moveable. COVID just complicates things a little more.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Everyone wants Wennberg. That dude is going to be double dipping for a while and rolling in cash.

Tanev was a "fun" idea before Matheson. We already have 4 defensemen making over 4M now; adding a 5th would be absurd. We have 23M tied into the corps and Marino is due a raise next season. If he's coming - someone should be going.
Thats why I said see how much he wants to play with his brother. If hes willing to take term over cap hit its doable.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Today is the last big day before hockey fades away for f*** knows how long.

Might as well enjoy it, even if JR is (thankfully) sitting out the fireworks.

Reactions: Lustaf and Giskard

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Thats why I said see how much he wants to play with his brother. If hes willing to take term over cap hit its doable.

It’ll be 5 years though and I doubt under 3 mil. Which given his age and the mikes on his body not a good contract for us. First couple years though it’d be awesome. Really strong defensively.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Uhh Chad Ruhwedel and Juuso Riikola have both shown they cannot handle a full season.......They turn into Jack Johnsons

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Some dumb team will sign Him...maybe Jim Rutherford will re-sign Him for 1,000 dollars...

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Was the free agent talking period cancelled for this year?

With JR's comments about sitting back and waiting for guys to fall through the crack....I don't totally buy it. He's too much of a gun slinger. I'm sure he has his eye on a guy or 2 and if he can get him signed, he'll do it. If they want too much money or don't want to sign for whatever reason, then that's when I think he'll wait a little bit.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Not sure if this is the case. I think JR meant he won't be doing anything big in free agency and he'll only get a significant player if they slip through the cracks. I can see some a small signing or two of some depth players today, but I'm not expecting anything big.

Doesn't really have space for guys slipping through the gaps if he goes after the depth players though. Like, maybe you're right about that happening, but I don't see that being what Rutherford said he'd do.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
My prediction for today: Pens sign Caggiula and either Bogosian or Schenn

Just bought out our oversized/underphysical loaf....why are we trying to replace him immediately?

I get they're not on his level of bad - but they're not exactly good either. Least not what I've been able to see. Bogo was also a mystery with the Lightning - did they ever announce if he was injured or a healthy scratch?

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
If Luke Schenn has deteriorated to Jack Johnsons level of play.... major mistake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad