GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Halloween Edition - The next scream you hear may be your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
JR’s advisor warming up for the big day.

giphy.gif

For the Canadians:

For the Americans:

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Definitely a team to keep in eye on today. Another Metro team looking for a big addition.

Reactions: ColePens

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
With such limited room, I don’t think we need to be too concerned about FA. Our needs are small. Whoever he signs isn’t going to define the team.

I doubt we even sign someone today, but who knows. It’d be nice to get that 3C and call it a day.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
@Scandale du Jour Vegas are 2.8 mil over the cap right now with Lehner signed so Statsny (6.5 AAV) back to the Jets with minimal cap return will go a long way. I’m sure it’ll get done.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
With such limited room, I don’t think we need to be too concerned about FA. Our needs are small. Whoever he signs isn’t going to define the team.

I doubt we even sign someone today, but who knows. It’d be nice to get that 3C and call it a day.

True but I would still rather the best UFAs go to the West or teams in the East that wouldnt be in our way. Boston will likely add for example, having 12 mil in cap. What will Tampa do? And so on

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
If Rutherford's telling the truth, we won't be involved today, and I rather hope that's true.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Well you never know how fast cheaper deals can start to take off ... Rutherford may do a crazy trade yet with most likely a bottom winger.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
If Rutherford's telling the truth, we won't be involved today, and I rather hope that's true.

Yeah. With comments out there about FA moving slower, I wonder how long it will take guys to “slip through the cracks” after the first wave this year. Could it possibly be weeks, months before we bring in anyone?

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Haula is fast but I don’t like he’s bouncing around teams. 2 center needy teams at that.

I guess all it takes is the right fit though.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It will be an unusual day... but a day we typically have fun with. I am sorta hoping the Pens to be quiet but for once in a f***ing life time I would love a big player to just say "Pens 1 year... so i can get paiiiiid next year."

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
It will be an unusual day... but a day we typically have fun with. I am sorta hoping the Pens to be quiet but for once in a f***ing life time I would love a big player to just say "Pens 1 year... so i can get paiiiiid next year."

We are TAYLOR made for a player like that to be walking around our HALL’s ;)

Reactions: Andy99 and ColePens

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah. With comments out there about FA moving slower, I wonder how long it will take guys to “slip through the cracks” after the first wave this year. Could it possibly be weeks, months before we bring in anyone?

Your guess is as good as mine given the lack of precedent, but I'd probably say it won't take that long. As a general rule, it seems that betting against NHL trading conditions changing that much, and on hockey players taking good offers today over great offers tomorrow, is generally the safer way to go.

Haula is fast but I don’t like he’s bouncing around teams. 2 center needy teams at that.

I guess all it takes is the right fit though.

He's a guy with okay 5v5 numbers who's done enough on bad PPs to have an inflated sense of worth, but who isn't wanted on the PP of a good team. And is injury prone to boot. I wouldn't mind him, but I think he's going to go somewhere for a little more than he's worth.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
All I ask for is please get A replacement for JJ and maybe a cheap center for the 3rd line...not sure if that happens today...

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
1) Find 3C
2) Cut the phone lines before we sign a forward for 7 years because they're in the bargain bin.

*bonus points if the 3C has some fire - since we apparently don't have any now that Hornqvist is gone. Can always trade for it later though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad