GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Free Agency Starts at 11am CDT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Interesting FAF this year. Fletch isn't forced to do anything stupid because the team is better than a few years ago. But he's got a chance to improve it. I like the attitude that he didn't even make an offer to Nisky.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Kane and Toews are getting major raises apparently. I'll enjoy (just a little) if they get humangous big deals and handcuff the Hawks.

Granted they're just rumors from various articles, but I have seen $10 mill being what is speculated for both of them. I honestly can't imagine that being the case however. IMO, Kane and Toews are both very good, neither is worth more than Perry, Getzlaf, Crosby, or Malkin, or even a few more high-end players.

You never know though I guess.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
This - Spezza, Neal have been added to the division already. I wonder who else is going to be added? I wouldn't sleep on Winnipeg either. Their fans are getting mighty loud about returning to the playoffs.

I doubt Stastny is going to leave the division, but he'll make at least one of the teams (Nashville, Colorado, St. Louis, Chicago) better.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Granted they're just rumors from various articles, but I have seen $10 mill being what is speculated for both of them. I honestly can't imagine that being the case however. IMO, Kane and Toews are both very good, neither is worth more than Perry, Getzlaf, Crosby, or Malkin, or even a few more high-end players.

You never know though I guess.

Malkin I'll give you, but you can't factor Crosby's deal into it. Perry/Getzlaf signed at a lower cap, so as long as the %'s are roughly consistent, getting more than them isn't an overpayment. Toews/Kane also have Stanley Cup cred, which means a lot.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
All I know, with the additions to the Central already so far. And the likely additions to come.

Anyone that thinks Koivu is expandable at this point needs to seriously have their head checked.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
All I know, with the additions to the Central already so far. And the likely additions to come.

Anyone that thinks Koivu is expandable at this point needs to seriously have their head checked.

I sure hope he's not expandable :naughty: But he's not expendable either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad