GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Free Agency Starts at 11am CDT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony253

North, never Dallas
Jan 15, 2012
St. Paul, MN
Wild did ok compared to some teams insane contracts...Vaneks deal does not make long term cap issues worse and they kept a bunch of flexibility to add a name via trade.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
very happy we lost the Niskanen bidding if we were ever in the running. holy god. and Stoner's contract. Jeeesus. see ya.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Very good for Wild so far. Dallas sure have a scary offense next season.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So, in light of much of the 'stupid money' thrown around today, are any contracts signed today that you're bummed we didn't get? I'm talking exact contract ($ and term). For me, I was pushing Fayne before free agency and would've been willing to give him the same deal as he signed in Edmonton. Boyle at 2x$4.5m isn't too outrageous either.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
So, in light of much of the 'stupid money' thrown around today, are any contracts signed today that you're bummed we didn't get? I'm talking exact contract ($ and term). For me, I was pushing Fayne before free agency and would've been willing to give him the same deal as he signed in Edmonton. Boyle at 2x$4.5m isn't too outrageous either.

For me it would be Erhoff's one year deal.

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota

Ehrhoff for sure at 1x$4million.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Didn't even think Erhoff would be possible for that kind of money. I hoped we would have got Mitchell to replace Stoner but not for that price. In Folin we trust.

youvegotit

Dec 10, 2011

- Ehrhoff [1 year, $4M]

One of:

- Goc [1 year, 1.2M]
- Dominic Moore [2 years, $1.5M AAV]

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
No way Ehrhoff would've signed that deal with us. He wants to get PP time with Sid and Malkin and renegotiate next year. Like others said, it's a stat pad deal.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

If we had our tenders figured out, Hiller at 2x4.5 would have been nice.

Shoresy

May 1, 2014
Florida
Posted today.

Adam Vingan: Craig Custance suggests that Mike Green could be “Plan B” for teams that lost out on defensemen. Two executives have said they’ve heard his as being available.

What would it take to get him?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Posted today.

Adam Vingan: Craig Custance suggests that Mike Green could be “Plan B†for teams that lost out on defensemen. Two executives have said they’ve heard his as being available.

What would it take to get him?

It won't be for scraps, demands would likely start with a 2015 1st or young talented player.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The trade/free agent speculation and non-minnesota NHL news threads are back open, so it's time to close this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad