GDT: Free Agent Frenzy / Fantasy GM Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
is benning trying to fill these spots for nothing next and sign toffoli?

So a week ago you were saying that the Canucks could not buyout Beagle because they do things "the right way" and don't want people to leave the organization on bad terms.

What are your thoughts on how they've handled Tanev & Stecher, who by most accounts they basically ignored until free agency hit? The reason I asked is that it seems like they also did the same to Toffoli. Do you really think he has much interest in coming back after how it's been reported they basically ignored him as well?

Reactions: racerjoe

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Unlikely. He just got extended and they know the circumstances are different now. It would likely be his last year if he signed Markstrom and Tanev to those awful contracts.
? He was extended in 2019 for three years and this upcoming year will be his second year. If they regress this next year despite paying up to the cap then they’ll just eat the last year of his contract imo. It’s small potatoes compared to all the dead money contracts he’s given.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Jim's #1 job he wanted to do this year was improve the defense.
He losses 2 Defenders and his Star goalie.

Incredible. He better have a backup plan, because this has been brutal.
It's nice he did not sign long Contracts, but right now we have one of the worst D in the league, even with Hughes.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

It's nice he did not sign long Contracts, but right now we have one of the worst D in the league, even with Hughes.
His plan was OEL
He focused so much on him that didn’t even bother advance the negotiation with Tanev

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ottobot

Aug 9, 2020
Let’s go full stupid with some grit and sandpaper Jimbo. If they’re going to regress at least have Petey’s and Hughes’ back with some toughness.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia

Back up plan... I think it's safe to say that Stecher coming back to be 2nd pair was like plan Z. We are now on to a whole new alphabet due to this incompetent moron.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
The options remaining are not too 6 caliber (except petro)... so I am fine for one cheap signing to round out bottom pairing... but we still have a large top 4 RHD hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad