GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Edition!

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo

I think once Spezza signs Kadri becomes available and Buffalo moves Risto for Kadri. We are heavy on the right side, and I think trading Risto is a bad idea, but getting Kadri as a 2c that fills the pest aspect of Ristos role would be a good move. They are both the type of player other teams hate to play against, and with moves being focused on defense up to this point we need to address the 2/3c position immediately.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
He looked really good in a few playoff games though. Definitely no risk there!

he was pretty miscast in NJ. Poor depth meant he played on a defensive line with almost no help. Plus he had assorted injury issues

Keep it under 5 years and the salary reasonable (under 5.5M), I'd be fine signing him. 7 years x 6M? No thanks.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I think once Spezza signs Kadri becomes available and Buffalo moves Risto for Kadri. We are heavy on the right side, and I think trading Risto is a bad idea, but getting Kadri as a 2c that fills the pest aspect of Ristos role would be a good move. They are both the type of player other teams hate to play against, and with moves being focused on defense up to this point we need to address the 2/3c position immediately.

Spezza is a 4th liner. he does not make Kadri expendable.

I will not trade Ristolainen to toronto without them having to pay a shitload for him. Kadri alone doesnt cur it/

Reactions: k8prisoner

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I can't say anything other than I know we do NOT want Darling. And I loved his story. The hockey world is small in NC.

I don't want Darling in Buffalo.

But if you look at what is out there as the #3 goalie in the system, Darling is in the mix as one of the better guys out there.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje

giphy.gif

Attachments

• giphy-23.gif
    giphy-23.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
If anyone thinks that Risto is a drag on the team, they should be all over the Risto for Kadri idea.

Get a center for the Sabres and make Toronto worse on D.

tenor.gif
I really hate this idea. First of all because Risto is gonna kill us every time because he's not a bad player, and second because I really REALLY hate Kadri and want nothing to do with that dirtbag.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I really hate this idea. First of all because Risto is gonna kill us every time because he's not a bad player, and second because I really REALLY hate Kadri and want nothing to do with that dirtbag.
Once we acquire him you will learn to love the dirt bag and you will like it!

Reactions: Wisent42

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Question - if a team signs a player to an offer sheet, then that players team has seven days to match that offer sheet I believe. Can that team trade the rights to match that offer sheet to another team?

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
no way botts puts his head in a guillotine. If Risto gets moved at all which looks unlikely unless world agrees we win trade it will be out of division or out west.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad