GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Canucks could use him, Miller is terrible.

Fleury updated his NTC today and I'm almost positive that Vancouver is on the list of teams he won't waive to go to. It sucks too, I think a deal based around Fleury for Miller and a pick during the season would have made sense for both teams.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Damn...really slowed down...feels like the day after spring break at the beach.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Fleury updated his NTC today and I'm almost positive that Vancouver is on the list of teams he won't waive to go to. It sucks too, I think a deal based around Fleury for Miller and a pick during the season would have made sense for both teams.

They can still ask him to waive it if a deal with Van came up.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
What does bonino + kunitz return. Both highly regarded around the NHL, coming off cup wins. Shattenkirk? Fowler? We all know sooner or later bones is gonna price himself outta here (unless we work on an extension, like 3.2-4 mil for 5 years) might as well get something for him. Honestly i think hags is what makes that 3rd line so deadly, not really bonino. And a hags-geno-kessel line might work, it was before geno got hurt.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
I personally cant wait for what Kris Russell and Jason Demers will get on the market. It will be the best comedy of the day.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
If we can't sign Cullen, i would mind going after Santorelli for the 4th line Center spot. I know Sundqvist is ready for it but Santorelli is really fast and very underrated player.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
If we can't sign Cullen, i would mind going after Santorelli for the 4th line Center spot. I know Sundqvist is ready for it but Santorelli is really fast and very underrated player.

Santorelli was actually the guy i wanted last year over Cullen. Ill take it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Santorelli would make sense if they intend on putting Sundqvist in the AHL to start next year. However, JR is on record saying that if the Pens don't re-sign Cullen, Sundqvist will be the 4th line center for next year. I can't imagine that he'd go back on his word if Cullen goes elsewhere.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Every year it seems like going after Santorelli is discussed and every year I spend the next week unable to get that stupid Sublime song out of my head.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
That Martin contract isn't as terrible as I thought it'd be. Term could be bad if he gets into injury trouble.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Just hopped on the Internet for the first time today.

Lucic and Backes contracts are just stupid. I mean, BEYOND stupid. Many of us predicted LJ to go to NJ, so no surprise there. Thought it would be for more, though.

Biggest shocker to me is Radulov to Montreal.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Seems to me that the isles got alot worse. At best they are better for 1-2 years and then that Ladd contract is terrible.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So what's the lineup the Pens are looking at now?

Wilson-Crosby-Hornqvist
Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel
Kunitz-Bonino-Rust
Kuhnhackl-Sundqvist-Fehr
Sheary-Porter/other UFA

Dumoulin-Letang
Maatta-Daley
Pouliot-Cole
Warsofsky

Fleury-Murray

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Lol at Eric Staal. Wanted $9M per Carolina, now he signs a 3-yr deal for $10.5M w/ Minnesota. Pfft, that bum isn't even worth that much.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
For me, if Cullen didn't sign, i'd let all the young kids+Fehr figure out the 4th line and go after a good value winger like Versteeg or Hudler if they came cheap.

I have no idea what the hold up is on Cullen.
It looks like we have space but everything i'm hearing/reading is the Pens need to move money first.

Vanek to DET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad