GDT: Free Agent Frenzy Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It has been oddly quiet on the Boedker front. I would have expected to hear something by now, like teams interested in him, but I've heard nothing. Maybe he's just asking for way too much money.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Of course there is. But they were quite lenient when handling those cases. If you (as a player) know that ... I'm pretty sure even he has an idea that NHL wouldn't mind to make an example of him if something like that happens here.

You don't deal with Russians often do you?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It has been oddly quiet on the Boedker front. I would have expected to hear something by now, like teams interested in him, but I've heard nothing. Maybe he's just asking for way too much money.

Yeah, but we haven't even heard about that. :laugh:

Maybe some team has a deal in place but needs to make a trade so everyone is managing not to run to a media member.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Still odd that we haven't signed Cullen. Something is up.

Part of me thinks there's something out there holding it up...what that is...I have no idea.

Likely just me being too hopeful.

Likely something like "Hmmm, do I take $1mil for 1 yr in Pittsburgh or $1.85mil in Minny for 1 yr?"

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
JR doesn't need to move out cap space first, he can sign Cullen and then trade Fehr at a later date. Teams can go over the cap during the offseason by 10%. My bet is that Cullen has a Pittsburgh offer on the table and he's just waiting to see if he'll get significantly more money from another team.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Part of me thinks there's something out there holding it up...what that is...I have no idea.

Likely just me being too hopeful.

Likely something like "Hmmm, do I take $1mil for 1 yr in Pittsburgh or $1.85mil in Minny for 1 yr?"

Or maybe JR was going around for some of the guys we liked but fell short in the $$ department.

Bottom line - I am never for guys taking pay cuts. Watching what happened to Ehrhoff was disappointing. That guy took a 1 year deal to try and win. I believe he was offered some liek 4 year deals prior to that. I hope they just shoot for financial security and a good position for their family.

So whatever works for Cullen and his family - i am a fan of.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
JR doesn't need to move out cap space first, he can sign Cullen and then trade Fehr at a later date. Teams can go over the cap during the offseason by 10%. My bet is that Cullen has a Pittsburgh offer on the table and he's just waiting to see if he'll get significantly more money from another team.

Dupuis really hurts their flexibility with that 10%.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
JR needs to move out cap space first. I believe Cullen even said as much when he was interviewed (knew it would take a bit because JR had to make room for him).

I mean, it looks like we have D depth by numbers if not quality. How much is Cullen asking for? I mean, I doubt he is going to give us what he did last year. The bigger question is that if we are opening space, who is out?

BustaKapanen

May 14, 2011

Or as seal said he's got a sizeable raise on the table already, and he weighing it with his family.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
To play devil's advocate, Fehr had 19 goals in 75 games in 14-15, 13 goals in 73 games in 13-14 and 9 goals in 41 games in 12-13. Before this year, he was producing pretty well with the Capitals (roughly a 18 goal, 35 point pace). I think people are writing him off too soon. I'd rather have Fehr at $2 million than re-sign Cullen for 1 year at $2 million, Cullen is a lot more likely to regress from last year than Fehr is to stay at the same level he was last year IMO.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Or maybe JR was going around for some of the guys we liked but fell short in the $$ department.

Bottom line - I am never for guys taking pay cuts. Watching what happened to Ehrhoff was disappointing. That guy took a 1 year deal to try and win. I believe he was offered some liek 4 year deals prior to that. I hope they just shoot for financial security and a good position for their family.

So whatever works for Cullen and his family - i am a fan of.

He is 39... there is a real possibility he falls off a cliff sooner or later.. if they bring him back at a manageable price, great, but I'm not breaking the cap to sign a guy who, while great for us, has a young replacement ready to go right now... If he is here, great! if he goes elsewhere or did retire anyhow... I'm ok with that too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad