GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Nothing will top it, but I hope we get a “He’s coming” Clarksonesque headline for Wood from whoever throws a bunch of money at him lol.
He fights, he scores! Remember how we traded away Cam Neely? Get ready for literally the same player coming to Vancouver! There is no absolutely chance you will be disappointed!

• Haha
Reactions: glenwo2 and JK3

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was just starting to be sold on Boqvist after really not buying him after Shero rushed him into the league in 19-20.

Still didn’t buy him as a long term mainstay though.

I’m thinking they don’t wanna use $1.2-$1.5 million on him, and Fitz wanted to use that elsewhere towards something else.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Wow whe I saw yesterday we didn't give qualifying offers to McLeoD , Boqvist, Bastian etc I thought they would just go to arbitration. Didn't realize they would.be come UFA's. We should keep McLeod of possible. He's a good role player and was one of our best in the playoffs.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I was just starting to be sold on Boqvist after really not buying him after Shero rushed him into the league in 19-20.

Still didn’t buy him as a long term mainstay though.

I’m thinking they don’t wanna use $1.2-$1.5 million on him, and Fitz wanted to use that elsewhere towards something else.
It's clear that while top-9 talent is hard to come by at reasonable prices in UFA, fourth-line talent is very available. I'm not concerned.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's only 20 NHL quality goaltenders in the world.
Probably even fewer than that.

There’s more than 20 that are just NHL quality (I definitely don’t think Blackwood is) but these lower end guys are staying around forever because there’s obviously not a surplus of solid goalies in the league anymore.

Reactions: Blender

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Probably even fewer than that.

There’s more than 20 that are just NHL quality (I definitely don’t think Blackwood is) but these lower end guys are staying around forever because there’s obviously not a surplus of solid goalies in the league anymore.
And a Blackwood flier makes sense for a team that doens't care about winning for 2 years, or cap space. The alternative is promoting like Eetu Makiniemi from the AHL? Why not see if a 26 year old Blackwood can figure it out. Worst case scenario he's hurt and you lose games which is good long term for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad