GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2023: Future Starts Slow

HeyHanrahan

Sep 20, 2018
PA
Is Filip Zadina at a cap hit of $1,850,000 over the next two seasons (and RFA rights) worth bringing in as a reclamation project? I haven’t really kept tabs on him in Detroit but he seemed to have potential when he was drafted. If we could develop him he would fit the timeline or could be a trade chip.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Except we still have that 7th D from last year who, oh by the way, played in 77 games last year.

My only hope at this point is that we're about to see a flurry of vets moving out among TK, Laughton, Sanheim, Risto, Seeler, Hart. It's the only thing that makes sense with these signings. Of course, it's the Flyers so common sense has yet to enter the chat.
And was pretty good in his role as the #6 D-man. Second best xGFrel after York.
Seeler is a solid if limited 3rd pair guy.
Staal is a warm body, probably more useful as a "coach on ice' than as a player.
He's not coming here for the money or a shot at the Cup (though there may be an understanding about a TDL trade).

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
Is Filip Zadina at a cap hit of $1,850,000 over the next two seasons (and RFA rights) worth bringing in as a reclamation project? I haven’t really kept tabs on him in Detroit but he seemed to have potential when he was drafted. If we could develop him he would fit the timeline or could be a trade chip.
I was actually thinking that too. There was some talent there at one time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hart’s big advantage is cost control, especially for this season

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
You sure it’s not because of Don Waddell?
Obviously Waddell has been (surprisingly) great, but what he is doing wouldn't be possible without Dundon opening the checkbook. Under Karmanos we never spent anywhere near the cap, and our 'big' moves were usually bringing in guys like Josef Melichar or Jay McLement or Thomas Kaberle.

Dundon has given Waddell to not only spend money, but the leeway to make big moves like the Hamilton/Burns trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad