GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2023 - Begins 12pm ET, 10am MT (Mod Warning in OP)

Favorite summer barbecue main dish

• Burgers

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Hot dogs

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Tri tip

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Steak

Votes: 42 27.6%
  • Chicken

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Brisket

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Ribs

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
The big day is upon us, the qualified RFAs are in and tampering has probably already begun. The Avs have to make a lot of signings to fill out their roster plus the Eagles roster.

IMG_3111.gif

Mod Warning:

I know Twitter is acting up and there hasn’t been anything to talk about yet but do not get into Musk and politics over it. Gotta keep it hockey.

Last edited:

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Canes added Bunting and Orlov, are likely adding Tarasenko, get Svechnikov back, and might be the favourites for Karlsson.

Someone like Pesce is probably on the way out but that team is going to be ridiculously good. About that goaltending though…..

I don’t know, they still Lack a superstar

Reactions: dahrougem2

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
One of Vegas, Edmonton or Colorado is coming out of the West.

Vegas is the most complete team.

Colorado has the best trio.

Edmonton has the best player in the world.

Also, for all the talk about the East being stronger than the West recently; the last 2 cup winners are from the West and both runs were quite dominant.
Vegas doesn’t have the most complete team…

I really want to see a team not use LTIR while playing a normal 82 game season and winning the cup while being cap compliant. We haven’t had one recently since the Avs did it.

Vegas most complete team my ass. Let’s see them win it without using LTIR and win it having a 82 or whatever the cap gonna be next year, 83 mill or whatever

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
What's really got my mind going tonight, is the results of this poll and what that 2.6% of us who voted "other" really means. Do vegan's make up 2.6% of our little corner of the internet? Could it be that only 4 of us recognized that baked beans and/or collard greens are, in fact, main dishes?

I need some answers.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Canes added Bunting and Orlov, are likely adding Tarasenko, get Svechnikov back, and might be the favourites for Karlsson.

Someone like Pesce is probably on the way out but that team is going to be ridiculously good. About that goaltending though…..
No worries. We'll take Pesce and send them Ben Meyers. Cap casualties and all...

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Vegas doesn’t have the most complete team…

I really want to see a team not use LTIR while playing a normal 82 game season and winning the cup while being cap compliant. We haven’t had one recently since the Avs did it.

Vegas most complete team my ass. Let’s see them win it without using LTIR and win it having a 82 or whatever the cap gonna be next year, 83 mill or whatever
I don’t like the cap circumventing either but you failed to mention who’s a more complete team in the West. Avs and Oilers imo have the higher end talent, but Vegas has better depth.

Caveat: If Landy comes back for the playoff run the Avs would reclaim the title as best and most complete team, by a good margin too.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don’t like the cap circumventing either but you failed to mention who’s a more complete team in the West. Avs and Oilers imo have the higher end talent, but Vegas has better depth.

Caveat: If Landy comes back for the playoff run the Avs would reclaim the title as best and most complete team, by a good margin too.
IF the Avs can get a legit 3rd line RW I actually believe they are deeper than Vegas. All dependent on that, though.

Reactions: NateTheGreat

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Let’s compare Avs and Vegas top to bottom just for fun. I’m actually drunk and bored enough to do this… starting from the top to bottom

MacK vs Eichel. It’s MacK all day
Stone vs Mikko. It’s Mikko
Barbashev vs Nuke. Advantage Nuke
Marchessault vs Lehkonen. Ok give this to March..
Karlsson vs RyJo. Hard to say for now. Wash for now offensively could be RyJo
Howden vs Drouin. Drouin much higher ceiling
Stephenson vs. Colton. Give this to Stephenson because of his offense
Amadio vs Wood. Advantage Wood
Cotter vs LOC… I don’t f***in know who Cotter is but let’s call this a wash
Roy vs Meyers … give this to Roy
Kolesar vs Cogs. f*** Kolesar I dunno
Carrier vs whoever Avs have or get at that spot so to be determined.

Pieterangelo vs Makar. I mean come on. That’s self explanatory.
Theodore vs Toews. Toews all day
Martinez vs Byram. It’s Byram
McNabb vs Manson. Wash
Whitecloud vs Girard. Give me G
Hague vs whoever Avs get. Unknown for now

Hill vs Georgiev. I think Hill is another Bennington so give me Georgiev

Back up goalie not gonna bother

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Let’s compare Avs and Vegas top to bottom just for fun. I’m actually drunk and bored enough to do this… starting from the top to bottom

MacK vs Eichel. It’s MacK all day
Stone vs Mikko. It’s Mikko
Barbashev vs Nuke. Advantage Nuke
Marchessault vs Lehkonen. Ok give this to March..
Karlsson vs RyJo. Hard to say for now. Wash for now offensively could be RyJo
Howden vs Drouin. Drouin much higher ceiling
Stephenson vs. Colton. Give this to Stephenson because of his offense
Amadio vs Wood. Advantage Wood
Cotter vs LOC… I don’t f***in know who Cotter is but let’s call this a wash
Roy vs Meyers … give this to Roy
Kolesar vs Cogs. f*** Kolesar I dunno
Carrier vs whoever Avs have or get at that spot so to be determined.

Pieterangelo vs Makar. I mean come on. That’s self explanatory.
Theodore vs Toews. Toews all day
Martinez vs Byram. It’s Byram
McNabb vs Manson. Wash
Whitecloud vs Girard. Give me G
Hague vs whoever Avs get. Unknown for now

Hill vs Georgiev. I think Hill is another Bennington so give me Georgiev

Back up goalie not gonna bother
Vegas beats the Avs in 6.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

I can’t call Vegas the most complete team since they weren’t cap compliant when they won the cup. Would they win it if Stone wasn’t on LTIR? They wouldn’t have a 93 million dollar team.

That’s why the legit cup won in the last hand full of years is the Avs. They played a full season, won the cup being cap compliant. I call that a real cup win

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Is this the "Free Agent Frenzy-Thread", or the "woulda coulda-Thread"?

If by some miracle Landy comes back for the playoffs, i will make a new thread on the main board. Title "f*** YOU, we are going LTIR-cheating".....

Reactions: Bensch88

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Come on Tarasenko, you know the Avs have a better shot at winning the Cup than Carolina.

Avs could use one more good UFA forward so they don't have to waste assets in trade.
I read somewhere that Orlov and Tarasenko are best buddies, so I think that's that.

One interesting thing is, Carolina still needs to clear some cap space no? Everyone is talking about Pesce, but maybe they move on from Teräväinen? He has been trending downwards (had lots of injury problems last season and COVID f***ed him up), but he has been a top-6 winger for a long time.

Question is, if we can make it work, Teuvo makes over mil and is UFA after this season. I'm sure we could somehow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad