GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2021

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Calgary just can't help themselves, they keep signing really bad UFA deals year after year. Just rebuild already.

Carolina signed two injury prone goalies (along with not really improving), what could possibly go wrong?

Philly shelters franchise goalie with the worst starting goalie in the league for the past 3-4 years. Philly gon' Philly.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Coleman signs in Calgary. That's a long way from Dallas, where the word was he wanted "to go back home." This is why I don't put much stock into this kind of stuff. Too many variables, and of course money talks. Money always talks, and it always will.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
4.5M isn't even that bad for a 2C, which Wennberg is on a team without better options.

Acciari would be a 1C on a team with only AHL level centers. So that 1-4C designation is sugar coating for players who have to play a bigger role than their skills allow them to play successfully.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Calgary just can't help themselves, they keep signing really bad UFA deals year after year. Just rebuild already.

Carolina signed two injury prone goalies (along with not really improving), what could possibly go wrong?

Philly shelters franchise goalie with the worst starting goalie in the league for the past 3-4 years. Philly gon' Philly.

You’re forgetting they have Keith “Ironman” Yandle locking down the blue line now. Those goalies won’t know what to do playing behind a stud like that.

Reactions: KW and SoupyFIN

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I'd reckon that Tallon is calling agents and offering seven contracts to FAs out of a habit... "Dale, could you stopping calling me, I've got actual GMs try to call me..."

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Just saw this on Philly Tweet announcing Yandle. They really have no idea what they are in for do they?
210AD574-32F7-4404-8B55-FB00D1279CE7.jpeg

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Would be nice to sign reinhart so we know how much we have left. I expect about 7per roughly, anything less id be very happy with. We should have about 3 or so million remaining to spend.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Acciari would be a 1C on a team with only AHL level centers. So that 1-4C designation is sugar coating for players who have to play a bigger role than their skills allow them to play successfully.
Except Acciari hasn't shown at any point to be more than a low end 3C at the NHL level. Meanwhile Wennberg has played 2C in Columbus and had success, played 3C/4C in Columbus with grinders and sucked, then played 2C here for almost the whole season and found that success again.

Nah, surely it's just a coincidence. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Pigge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad