GDT: FREE AGENT FRENZY - 11 AM ESPN+ , TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Bruins need to get bigger and stronger on the back end. Forbort 6'4" 220, blocks shots, plays tough in front of the net and along the board. Bruins blew it, Sweeney sucks, you aren't winning jack shit unless the big guy also has Hedman offensive skills. I am officially diagnosing this forum has having Borderline Personality Disorder.
Wouldnt call locking up your bottom two defenders for just over 6mil for 3 years a win. Sorry, not going to rose color glass this because he is now a bruin like some fans would.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Has to be a deal. There is no way any sane hockey people can think Gryz is a SC winning first pair defenseman. It just can’t be.
this is the D. They absolutely love Gryz obviously. Not endorsing it, just telling you how I see it.

They didn't just give Reilly or Forbort 3 mil to be a 7th guy. If they add another D it'll be a Tinordi replacement. If they do trade Gryz I'd expect it to be for an Ekholm type but I think they love Gryz and value him highly so I'd be surprised if that's the route they take.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
New drinking game:

"We were in on XXX but it didn't work out"
"Trades are hard"
"The price was too high"
"We like our group"
"Internal competition"
"Depth addition"

alcohol_poisoning_deaths_final.0.png

Reactions: mjhfb and Gordoff

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Bruins need to get bigger and stronger on the back end. Forbort 6'4" 220, blocks shots, plays tough in front of the net and along the board. Bruins blew it, Sweeney sucks, you aren't winning jack shit unless the big guy also has Hedman offensive skills. I am officially diagnosing this forum has having Borderline Personality Disorder.

Not quite the elusive all situations LD, but he checks a bunch of necessary boxes and Reilly sort of covers the ones he doesn't...

Kirk is on board, which reinforces my feelings on it.... that elusive all situations D can always be added through trade leading up to the deadline

Let's see what else Donnie does

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Forbort really isn't a "tough" player. He is simply big and has 20 ATOI over his career due to playing on weaker teams. He is a #5-6 here. As is Reilly. And Clifton. And Zboril. And Vaakanainen. And Tinordi if we bring him back.

So who would you rather have in front of your net on the PK or against a heavy team? Him or Reilly? Him or Gryz? Him or Krug? Him or Zboril? And we may have different ideas about tough. He plays tough defensively, not tough as in scrumming and dropping the mitts or going for massive hits.

Reactions: JerseyBruin

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
To play where??? We already have 10 million invested down the left side almost evenly (Grizz makes just under 4 against the cap). There is no place for him to play on this team unless you want another John Moore sitting on money up in the press box?

I mean that’s just categorically not true, they’d just end up with Hanifin in and one of Gryzz/Reilly/forbort sitting m, a waste to be sure, but season after season we’re pulling up our 10th guy so it seems like stocking up on defense is the way to go. I personally would just like them to sign guys that are durable and willing to hit for a change. Miller was the later but injuries caught up to him

Reactions: Gordoff

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
I watched Forebert alot living here in Calgary.He plays hard.He led his team last year in blocked shots.He says gross I am interested to hear why he thinks its gross .

Go read the Jets board. What’s the difference between him and John Moore or Zboril or Vaak or heck even Lohrei?

We need a stud not more mid or bottom pairing guys especially for money and more importantly term. If you wanted that guy, give up an asset to keep Lauzon.

$6 million gets you a really good player. Instead we have Reilly and Forbort

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Yeah I'd much rather Forbort for his age 29-31 seasons than Ryan Suter for his age 36-39 seasons.

I'd put money on Suter being bought out again before his new deal is done.

Suter is a better player right now at 36 than Forbort ever has been or ever will be. I'd put money on the same thing being true the following season.

In the last 2 years of Suters deal it won't matter because the team isn't contending anyway.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Forbort comments from Jet fans...Meh comments...

Well, I just found out that Forbort is 6'4, not 6'1, and I watched him play all last season, so you will probably not love his physical game.

Last season I got the feeling he ran out of steam more than anything. $3M for early season Forbort isn't awful, though it's not good. He was dreadful later in the season though. He didn't look like an improvement over Sbisa.
I think he is serviceable on the bottom pair, and he made some miracle blocks that were fun to see and seemed like a good locker room guy. Just not worth $3 million a year

he was asked to do way to much last year and I was happy with his play considering he only made 1 million but 3x3 is not good at all

We were quite happy with him during the first dozen games of the season or so, but he faded.​

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I don't hate the Forbort deal (don't love it either) but the Jets are a mess and have a dingus coach. Wouldn't put too much stock into performance/fan reaction there. Their system and structure is a disaster.

He'll be in a system that plays to his strengths. Doesn't need to be a 20+ guy a night. Block some shots, hit some people, and PK.

Perfectly adequate signing, even if it's a bit too high AAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad