GDT: Free Agency Thread: First of Many

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I think he acquired those picks, not to make an offer sheet, but rather to show another GM that he has the means to do it having replaced all our own picks.

Like a hostile takeover in business or what Bourke did with Boston to get them to trade Kessel to Toronto, he will try to force another GM into trading a player Bergevin wants without actually getting to the point of an offer sheet.

Philadelphia would be my guess as to the team that will be targeted, for either Ghost or Provorov. Maybe for something like Drouin and picks(not the 1st round). Since they want to compete now, they may prefer that to just future picks as compensation if we offer sheet Provorov.. Then it will come down to which of the two defensemen they are willing to part with.
The only likely offer sheet is Aho. It’s plain as day

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I think he acquired those picks, not to make an offer sheet, but rather to show another GM that he has the means to do it having replaced all our own picks.

Like a hostile takeover in business or what Bourke did with Boston to get them to trade Kessel to Toronto, he will try to force another GM into trading a player Bergevin wants without actually getting to the point of an offer sheet.

Philadelphia would be my guess as to the team that will be targeted, for either Ghost or Provorov. Maybe for something like Drouin and picks(not the 1st round). Since they want to compete now, they may prefer that to just future picks as compensation if we offer sheet Provorov.. Then it will come down to which of the two defensemen they are willing to part with.
Interesting post

Reactions: sampollock

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec

It makes a lot of sense, I was also starting to ponder about that for a guy like Aho. I'd see us giving up a guy like Suzuki+ for Aho.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Aho would be awesome. I’d be happy with Lee - ideally lower than 8 tho. Turris I don’t think is needed with KK and Poehling ready to take larger roles. Gardiner I’m on the fence - would be an upgrade but also a Brisebois type player I could see the fans turn on quickly. A trade might be the best scenario for tomorrow.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So Perry is slated to sign with Dallas.

And Duchene is supposedly going to Nashville.

Lee is reportedly looking to return with the Isles.

OK, where does that leave us?

Looking like that BGL tweet ain't so far-fetched after all.

Reactions: Uncle Gary

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
It makes a lot of sense, I was also starting to ponder about that for a guy like Aho. I'd see us giving up a guy like Suzuki+ for Aho.
That would be great - say we are gonna offer sheet this guy you don’t wanna pay or else let’s make a trade.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

That would be Bergevin's Don Corleone moment. I'd love to see him make Flyers' GM an offer he can't refuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad