GDT: Free Agency Thread: First of Many

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
13 more hours and hopefully, we'll know what the hell is going on. Never in a million years did I think MB would trade Shaw. Stanley Cup winner, respected in the dressing room, just put up his best season, someone he likes as a "character" guy, something is coming.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
[QUOTE
[QUOTEI’m wondering if Montreal is looking at Kyle Turris. Bergevin has liked him in the past. -Elliotte Friedman

There were plenty of rumours Curtis McElhinney would be signed as Carey Price’s backup. But on Sunday a few sources indicated Keith Kincaid was more likely. We’ll see. Elliotte Friedman

]
]
[QUOTEI’m wondering if Montreal is looking at Kyle Turris. Bergevin has liked him in the past. -Elliotte Friedman

There were plenty of rumours Curtis McElhinney would be signed as Carey Price’s backup. But on Sunday a few sources indicated Keith Kincaid was more likely. We’ll see. Elliotte Friedman

][/QUOTE]
I’m wondering if Montreal is looking at Kyle Turris. Bergevin has liked him in the past. The Predators will want to move him. And, he’s a lot better than he showed last season.

There were plenty of rumours Curtis McElhinney would be signed as Carey Price’s backup. But on Sunday a few sources indicated Keith Kincaid was more likely. We’ll see.
Elliotte Friedman June 30, 2019, 10:47
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Just shows how little Friedman knows
Bergy would be crucified if he traded for turris

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
13 more hours and hopefully, we'll know what the hell is going on. Never in a million years did I think MB would trade Shaw. Stanley Cup winner, respected in the dressing room, just put up his best season, someone he likes as a "character" guy, something is coming.
It’s gardiner. My spidey sense is tingling

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
I can see MB overpaying Lee big time like I said in the last thread. I easily picture MB being in love with Lee. Maybe he still hasn't signed with the Isles exactly because MB made him a crazy offer and he still hasn't decided

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I can see MB overpaying Lee big time like I said in the last thread. I easily picture MB being in love with Lee. Maybe he still hasn't signed with the Isles exactly because MB made him a crazy offer and he still hasn't decided
Lol. He’s not giving him 56 million. Get out of town man

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I think he acquired those picks, not to make an offer sheet, but rather to show another GM that he has the means to do it having replaced all our own picks.

Like a hostile takeover in business or what Bourke did with Boston to get them to trade Kessel to Toronto, he will try to force another GM into trading a player Bergevin wants without actually getting to the point of an offer sheet.

Philadelphia would be my guess as to the team that will be targeted, for either Ghost or Provorov. Maybe for something like Drouin and picks(not the 1st round). Since they want to compete now, they may prefer that to just future picks as compensation if we offer sheet Provorov.. Then it will come down to which of the two defensemen they are willing to part with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad