Post-Game Talk: Free Agency Part 2

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Galchenyuk scores 30 as a 21 year old and is now entering his prime and his career is basically over. Sad to see.

PK thought being built like a middle linebacker was the way to go.
When you are drafted because of elite skating abilities and you lose 2+ steps because you got too heavy that's simply bad strategy. He will be a natural behind a microphone analyzing games.
I think pk growth caused the slowing and thus his struggle, but if he was in an elite development environment, that choice might not have been the same and he might have been guided to a more longterm sustainable training regiment.

Reactions: Tyson

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
They have already begun to dive. I don't see them being a real competitive team. They may be better off selling the 3 big pieces they have and going into a rebuild. To not keep Klingberg when you have the money should be telling to the rest of the team that the direction the team is going in.
Do they really have the money? What if they wanna lock up Robertson long term, they still need to sign Oettinger as well.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Buffalo still has $19M in cap space even with Skinner's contract. And they have no one left to sign aside from Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, who is someone from the minors (similar to Habs having Primeau unsigned).
UPL was supposed to be a really nice prospect a few years back. He had a 3.28 GAA and .900 SV% with Rochester this year. Tough.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Anderson just said he lost 7 pounds working out this summer too , so let's see if it makes him a bit quicker at 220

And it says everywhere Dachs 194 but surely he has to have moved on from that number by now? I guess training camp will tell us for sure
I think Anderson's hands need to lose weight and his brain needs to gain some.

Attachments

• 69dd4f6bea4966df9c8d167c03c8c909b3-13-wojak-00.2x.h473.w710.jpg
    69dd4f6bea4966df9c8d167c03c8c909b3-13-wojak-00.2x.h473.w710.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: ArtPeur

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
...I doubt highly that small term is what Treliving wanted, but it seems as if Calgary is in "Win Now or Else" mode...I smell smoke coming from Calgary soon...
With the acquisition of Weegar and Huberdeau who can be moved at the deadline, I thought that they were planning for a new rebuild, really given their losses after pretty much going all in last year.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
With the acquisition of Weegar and Huberdeau who can be moved at the deadline, I thought that they were planning for a new rebuild, really given their losses after pretty much going all in last year.
For sure the smart thing to do if they know those guys will not resign will be to sell at the TDL but if they're in a solid PO position I doubt they'll sell.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
For sure the smart thing to do if they know those guys will not resign will be to sell at the TDL but if they're in a solid PO position I doubt they'll sell.

...unless they get a feeling that Huberdeau and/or Weegar are willing to sign, I bet they sell no matter where they are in the Pacific at the Deadline...Treliving knows he has to make bank off the Tkachuk deal, he knows that his team plays in the weakest Division in the NHL...I say he sells hard at the Deadline (or sooner) no matter what...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
...unless they get a feeling that Huberdeau and/or Weegar are willing to sign, I bet they sell no matter where they are in the Pacific at the Deadline...Treliving knows he has to make bank off the Tkachuk deal, he knows that his team plays in the weakest Division in the NHL...I say he sells hard at the Deadline (or sooner) no matter what...
I would definitely sell but we've seen it so many times teams going all in with pending UFA's on the roster...

We're talking at least two first-round picks + 2 decent prospects for Weegar and Huby...

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I would definitely sell but we've seen it so many times teams going all in with pending UFA's on the roster...

We're talking at least two first-round picks + 2 decent prospects for Weegar and Huby...

...not to mention if Mangy has another good year, he could easily fetch a 1st plus...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad