Post-Game Talk: Free Agency Part 2

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Laval got worse

Well, we'll see. Defense should have a lot of young players. We still have Primeau, and are adding Slafkovsky, Mysak, Heineman, Simoneau and Francis upfront to Ylonen, RHP, Martel, Gignac, Belzile, etc. Need a couple of veteran centers. I think we'll be fine on wings.

LW: Slafkovsky, RHP, Heineman, Condotta

RW: Ylonen, Martel, Belzile, Teasdale, Saulnier

C: Mysak, Gignac, Schnarr, Simoneau, Abbandonato, Francis, Hillis

Lots of centers, but no #1 C.

Wouldn't mind resigning Dauphin to one year, one-way $750k contract, and have him as #1 C in Laval.

Reactions: dralaf

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Dauphin back to AZ
Well, we'll see. Defense should have a lot of young players. We still have Primeau, and are adding Slafkovsky, Mysak, Heineman, Simoneau and Francis upfront to Ylonen, RHP, Martel, Gignac, Belzile, etc. Need a couple of veteran centers. I think we'll be fine on wings.

Wouldn't mind resigning Dauphin to one year, one-way $750k contract, and have him as #1 C in Laval.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Sure, it's -alright- but just like everything else Bergevin did.. it makes no sense in the greater picture.

Like just understand the fact we have traded Weber, Kulak, Lehkonen, Toffoli and Chiarot already. We are still up against the cap.

He was just a terrible manager.
I have no idea what he was planning on doing next, but he usually managed the cap pretty well.

I remember all those years when we had plenty of unused cap space...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval got worse

Laval got more interesting.

Guhle, Harris, Barron, Norlinder, Xhekaj, Fairbrother, RHP, Ylonen, Primeau, maybe Slaf.

Some will be in Montreal, but most will be in Laval. Will be more prospects to follow in Laval.

You still have Martel, Gignac, Belzile, Tesdale, and Schnarr. You brought in some good AHL guys today.

Reactions: Sagikev and dralaf

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Who we lose?!

Cause there’s a good chance Guhle, Slaf, Mysak, Xhekaj, Norlinder play for Laval.

A player that has a track record of producing in the A would be nice. I don't want this to be like how it was with Bergevin who took like 5 years to figure out you need good vets there.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I have no idea what he was planning on doing next, but he usually managed the cap pretty well.

I remember all those years when we had plenty of unused cap space...

Yeah I remember all those years we had Price posting historic numbers with a bunch of cap space in our back pocket, but y'know, trades are hard.. can't possibly trade 1st round picks we're gonna use on McCarron and not develop him.

larrymoeschemp

Jul 7, 2022

Habs are always fine on the wings Story of the last 30 years
There’s a reason we don’t win cups anymore
We have some of the worst centre depth in the league
After Suzuki we have Dvorak, dach and evans
If Suzuki goes Down for any length of time this team will be a massive disaster
That’s why I want PLD
The C position will be set for 10 years at least

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal

Dauphin signed with Arizona

larrymoeschemp

Jul 7, 2022
Yeah I remember all those years we had Price posting historic numbers with a bunch of cap space in our back pocket, but y'know, trades are hard.. can't possibly trade 1st round picks we're gonna use on McCarron and not develop him.
People tend to forget how great price was
He carried bad teams and some thought we were good
Price was the biggest band aid in sports history
Covered up the cluster of warts we had

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Dauphin was there for 18 games and did not play in the PO, pretty irrelevant.

Bowey is replacing Belpedio.

Ouellet and Bisson are replaced by prospects (Guhle, Norlinder, Xhekaj).

Dea and Roy are replaced by Stephens and Richard.

Yeah I think Laval got better, no doubt

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
I was hoping we would sign Samsonov and trade Allen.

It would make sense to trade Allen at the TDL, there’s bound to be a team that desperately need a goalie.

Not sure with whom we’d finish the year (assuming Price is LTIR). Monty and ?

Dream scenario: Devon Levi pulls an Adam Fox, refuses to sign with Buffalo and comes home to MTL 😏

• Love
Reactions: Saxon

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
We could argue forever, he did good he did bad and it's going to be the same for any other GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad