Free Agency - Gm's Get Ready To Respond!!!!

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Hmm... could this be misdirection. :sarcasm:

No, but seriously. If I didn't win Redden then somebody overpaid massively. If I wasn't damn near insane, I wouldn't have put that bid in.

I will neither confirm or deny how insane you may be, but I can confirm there is no misdirection in Brocks statement.

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
It will be interesting to see where he lands...I'm starting to get carpel tunnel refreshing this site, hehe.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I had a dream that Brock outbid me for Wade Redden last night. It was really odd to have a dream about fantasy hockey.

A few nights ago Jeff and I spent several hours going through free agent offer by free agent offer, discussing rules, arguing about philosophies and interpretations of the rules, and I dreamt about it all night.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
To keep everyone entertained while we conduct our final reviews I have a few stats* to help people with the anxiety of the impending FA results:

UDFA

Upcoming Lotteries: 36
Most teams in one lottery: 18
Fewest teams in one lottery: 2 (12 of 36)
UDFA's who signed despite multiple offers: 16
UDFA's who were signed because they had the only offer: 15
Offers to UDFA's who were not eligible: 20 + offers
UDFA's who did not sign despite having offers (because they were low on priority lists): 2
UDFA's who will have teams go to a 2nd round of bidding: 6
Highest UDFA Contract Offer: $2 Million x 3 Years

UFA/RFA:

Players who signed RFA offer sheets with compensation: 6
Highest compensation due to a team who may lose an RFA: 2nd Round Pick
Players who signed RFA offer sheets without compensation: 3
RFA's who re-signed with their own teams: 2

Players who signed UFA offers: 41
Number of FA's going to second rounds of bidding: 18
Free Agents who received no offers: Tons
Highest FA Contract Offer: 4.5 million x 4 Years

*the review may find errors and these stats may change in the final release.

Last edited:

Default101

I can say, that I made the 4.5M x 4yr, but that offer won't even make it to the first round of results because I played it safe and went with a sure pick..

Any chance a few subtile comments can be made about players you already know are going to sign off somewhere :)

Default101

They could do that... or they could spend that time completing their due diligence so they can actually release the results.

You know, whatever. ;)

LOL wellllll somethin like that would only take like 5 mins, but that means the results can come out 5 minutes faster.. either way i'll be online at work all night so i'll be checking periodically to see if they pop up in the middle of the night in the EST zone :)

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
FA Update:

I was out most of last night so I wasn't able to complete my share of the FA result audit. I'm up (it's fairly early out west) now and working on it. Expect an announcement sometime late in the morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad