Free Agency - Gm's Get Ready To Respond!!!!

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Gentleman,

There are a slew of offers for players ranked 2nd, 3rd or 4th on ranking sheets that are offers that players would like to accept since they are more than 20% above other offers, even though the #1 ranked players in priority lists may still be in play.

So, GM's PLEASE STAND BY YOUR EMAILS. As soon as the Player Agents work through the offers there will be a round of emails to GM's. You will have only a limited time to respond. BE READY. We are hoping these emails can go out tomorrow night, but we'll keep you updated.

Thank you!

The Free Agency Team

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I will be at two weddings (not my own) from tomorrow at around noon Eastern European Time to Sunday evening. I might not have a chance to check my mail during that time, but I'll do my best to get online at some point.

Default101

Sounds good, I work overnights so i sleep during the day, but I'm sure you guys will accomodate to an extent with people's schedules..

Wondering if we'll hear a few rumours like we always seem to have pop up before the first results come up on here about guys that you guys know for sure will be going to a specific team (1st on the list, and 20%+ i'm assuming) :)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
We have to WAIT??!? But my head is swimming and my stomach is already doing backflips with the suspense... Oh wait, that's the anti-inflammatories. Never mind. ;)

Thanks for all the work involved, Jeff, Matthew and co. I look forward to the next live broadcast of HFNHL Lotto -- although this time Matthew, you should provide us with some prize girl contest fluff. How's the dating scene in LA?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Another period of disappointment and seeing my bids got to {edit} Matt K ;)

:thumbu:

I'm tired of seeing "VAN" next to my guys as well.

Thanks for all the work involved, Jeff, Matthew and co.

You're welcome. Though now I know why I've never volunteered for doing the RFA/UFA FA's before (and never will again. ugh)

I look forward to the next live broadcast of HFNHL Lotto -- although this time Matthew, you should provide us with some prize girl contest fluff. How's the dating scene in LA?

Dating scene is great. Pretty fun. Prize Girl Huh... - Done (Hey Tony- do you think it should be Jenilee??)

Last edited:

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Yep...already bracing myself for seeing "VAN" next to all of the guys I'm after ;)

Now don't you go and accuse me of Sean on Sean crime, man.

Who are these guys I have been signing ? I really haven't landed the big fish lately. The guys I have been graduating are the Dan Sexton, Jesse Winchester, Jason Garrison and Jason Demers types, and of those only Winchester went to a lottery.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Who are these guys I have been signing?

Rene Bourque :rant:

Back in the days where there were only a handful of Undrafted Free Agents and not 79, and they could be decided by a coin toss not a full blown lottery with 20 (TWENTY!!) teams having max bids, with Blonde Prize Girls, Lottery Ball machines and Internet TV broadcasts. (how about that for dropping some hints about what's going on?)

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver

Back in the days where there were only a handful of Undrafted Free Agents and not 79, and they could be decided by a coin toss not a full blown lottery with 20 (TWENTY!!) teams having max bids, with Blonde Prize Girls, Lottery Ball machines and Internet TV broadcasts. (how about that for dropping some hints about what's going on?)

:cry:

Though blonde prize girls might make this mess a little more worth while.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site

You've stolen guys from me too Kershaw. I don't remember who exactly though because I got over it.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
You've stolen guys from me too Kershaw. I don't remember who exactly though because I got over it.

Because I didn't steal nobody. There was no Matthew on Sean crime here. Look the other way people.

p.s. the first emails to GM's re: lower priority list signings have been sent. Josh BUF and Mike LAK please respond.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Because I didn't steal nobody. There was no Matthew on Sean crime here. Look the other way people.

p.s. the first emails to GM's re: lower priority list signings have been sent. Josh BUF and Mike LAK please respond.

Response sent. LA is pleased to open the UFA season with a signing TBA.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002

I must say, while the free agent crop this year is rather weak, the undrafted/Euro UFA crop is pretty darn good.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I must say, while the free agent crop this year is rather weak, the undrafted/Euro UFA crop is pretty darn good.

It's true. And I know you must really think so because I think you bid on the most players Matt. :)

I would say that the majority of players bid on will be lottery draws - for some of us, every player we bid on (20+) will be a lottery.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site

I agree alot of undrafted euros that is pretty good, I wonder if I will get one or if I will loose the lottery as usual. As normal all players who has played for a specific team in Europe should belong to me :)

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Yes, the stress of not knowing which 4th liners and #7 dmen we overpaid for this year. Killing me.

QFT. While there are a lot of UDFAs available, I don't see many with the upside of a Bozak or Gustavsson this summer. It's mostly about filling out the AHL roster and hoping you get lucky with the development of a dark horse or two.

But in the hockey doldrums of July/August, this is the most excitement going.

(And we have to get through it to be able to move onto the next process, which is getting a ratings set squared away for next season in the new version of the sim.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad