GDT: Free Agency Game 1: Blues vs Avs 11 AM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I forgot about this game. Glad we're already 1-0 as he head into the game against the Rangers.

I absolutely love it when people say the Blues have a short window. Pietrangelo is 24, Shattenkirk 25, Schwartz and Tarasenko 22, Allen 24, Berglund 26, Lehtera 26, Gunnarsson 26, Oshie 27, Stastny 28. Backes, Steen, and Bouwmeester are SO OLD at around 30!!!

Fabbri, Barbashev, Jaskin, Rattie, and others in the system.

Yeah guys we better win the cup within the next 2 years or we're toast!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It was just a shootout win though. Stastny is overrated, inconsistent, and won't produce that much since we are a defensive team and he'll only have Steen and Tarasenko instead of Landeskog and MacKinnon.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Guys remember, even though Brian Elliott set record numbers the past couple years, we'll be lucky to even make the playoffs with him.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Don't worry, some HF writers say Binnington is the mythological child of Hall, Plante, and Liut and will win the Cup for us this season.

Yes, I know he is legitimately still a very good prospect.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
So bitter over there. Just got back from their around the league thread where a wishful thinker has concluded that it wouldn't surprise him if the Blues missed the PO's. Must....not.....respond....to......stupid.

I have read this type of logic several times and every time it just seems dumber and dumber to me.

I understand not everyone is going to pay a lot of attention to other teams in the NHL, even ones in their own division that are vying for success. I get that...I do.
I understand some of the experts doing something cute like having the Blues finish 4th in the division because that way they can controversial and the like. They can even say that Hitchcock's message is going to be stale this year and the goaltending is going to be the worst tandem ever (even fantasy bad tandems like Pavelec/Labarabera)

The Blues, historically, are a very good regular season team. That's all they can say for the most part. They've qualified for the playoffs more than they haven't. The team, even with the aforementioned imagined issues, still has more than enough regular-season firepower to put up near 100 points.
It'd be like picking the Sharks to miss the playoffs last year because Niemi hasn't taken that next step or the giant panda behind the bench hasn't been able to get the Sharks over the hump.

I mean the statement...it's just...so...stupid. It actually sucks IQ points from me and I really can't afford to lose those.

Last edited by a moderator:

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
McDavid would have to enter rehab to fall to the Blues.

Who knows maybe Fabbri can convince him to tank for the Blues ;)

All the way into the 50's? McDavid would need to break both legs at the same time for that to happen :laugh:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
All the way into the 50's? McDavid would need to break both legs at the same time for that to happen :laugh:
hey who knows, maybe McDavid had an alternative lifestyle that will be made public and he'll fall all the way to the bottom.

It worked for the rams lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad